Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptnKebec

IOcard programming sharing

Guest CaptnKebec

Hi everyone,A couple of weeks ago I posted a message asking for advice on using the IOcard SDK with VB. I didn't get a single reply! so I'm assuming nobody use IOcard with VB or nobody knows how. The SDK is made with Delphi and after playing with Delphi, VB and the SDK and looking on the internet and ask few questions to Ferdie in OpenCockpit.com I finally succeeded to use the SDK with VB. Here's how;All we have to do is declare the functions and subs of the SDK like that:Declare Sub iocard_write Lib "c:iocdll.dll" (no As Integer, state As Integer)Declare Sub iocard_timer Lib "c:iocdll.dll" ()Declare Sub init_card Lib "c:iocdll.dll" Alias "iocard_inicializa" ()Declare Function port_mode Lib "c:iocdll.dll" Alias "fiocard_way" () As String Declare Function card_ok Lib "c:iocdll.dll" Alias "fiocard_started" () As ByteDeclare Function newinput Lib "c:iocdll.dll" Alias "fiocard_newinput" () As Integer Declare Function io_in Lib "c:iocdll.dll" Alias "fiocard_in" () As StringDeclare Function io_out Lib "c:iocdll.dll" Alias "fiocard_out" () As String--------------------Now we can use the functions in VB like any others.And one important thing, you must put the program in the same directory of the IOcards software to work, because the dll use other modules of the suite.Cheers,

Guest allistah

I'm going to be using the IOCards for my setup as well. I have them built and ready to rock but I just need to get some of my hardware and panels together so I can hook them up together and make some magic happen! :-)Thanks for taking the time to share your results. I don't think anyone else has done what you're doing I suspect thats why you didn't get any replies. -Jaime

Hi,first I wnat you to thank you for your work. (I already sent you an e-mail).The problem just is, I'm not a pro in porgramming with VB. So can anyone help me to build an script for an small programm where one input is checked and an output?The first thing is, where have I to put your decliartion in? should I make a new module or should this be placed in the Sub Form_load?Thanks a lot.greetings Marco

Guest PhilMATC

Awesome, thanks, I am sure I'll be putting this to use soon!One question, if I write a program for an Instructor Station, can I somehow network across to the PC running IOCards? Or must the program and IOCards be on the same PC?Cheers

@PhilMatcFor sure there is somewhere in VB the possibility of networking. I just don't kno where, but sure. Just search in some Forums of VB and somewhere you'll find something. IF you find something, can you feel free to set a link here? :)So also thanks to you ^^

Hi,I'm sorry but I don't get this stuff working. Can anyone who get allready something working help me please? thanksgreetings Schildi

I guess most people using IOCards use SIOC to write the logic..?/Tuomas

yes thats right. but the problem is, that i'm gone to build a space shuttle simulator. and for that i can't use the FS. so i have to programm my own simulator. but SIOC won't work with my simulator.that's why i need that one running.greetings marco

i know that one, but it's not enough realism for us.we are a group of 4 people working on the shuttle sim and we are going to sell the game when it's finished.and when we programm a whole simulator, i thinks it's clear that we want to use our own simulator when we build one.greetings Marco

Guest CaptnKebec

Hi,It's been a while since I worked on my simulator so the project I was working on was a radio panel wrtten in VB6. I can send you the source from my original project. It need FSUIPC and read and write value for the radio stack to Microsoft FS. It should be easy to convert it to VB.NET if needed.I'm still using it on my SIM and it work well, as you can see in the attach photo.