Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

Survey > what type of cockpit would you REALLY chose ?

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok here's a quitestion.I chose to build a F50 because the FS panel was there from Espen and he promised me he would make it interfacable for me. Others chose 737 (or whatever) because FDS sels ready made panels.NOW!WHAT IF:what if some company sold ANY type of cockpit panelwhat if ALL software was available (cockpits of all types of airplanes, ready to interface to via key commands and looking good on the visuals for the gauges/tv's)WHAT type of cockpit would YOU really chose to build ?I'd love to see answers quite in the same shape so I'll give you my answer as an example.-----------------I am building a Fokker50 cockpit.I would ideally want to build a BAe 146 cockpit.Why I build a F50 ? ... blah blah blah (did this above)Why I am not building a BAe 146 ? Cuz the FS panel (aerowings) is not interfacable.------------------ok, 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. GO!

Guest allistah

I still think I would go with a 737ng. :-)

Guest Dodiano

B767-300 The love of my life I started with the A320 cause that is the plane I

Guest Erups

Once i thought of a bae 146...As i was dreaming it, it was already telling me it was doomed to remain a dream.Too much complex.Now i suspended working on my pit, didn't buy FDS panels...I'm saveing money because maybe i'm gonna realize my personal homemade CNC!With such a machine, my cockpit will be a breeze! :DEspecially the panels.Sure nothing like laser engraved, but for a fraction of the cost...DakenSky or not DakenSkys :)

Guest PoRrEkE

Got any info anywhere on your homemade CNC ?Any plans ? Any idea which interface you'll use on that one ? And how the software part will work ?

Guest Dodiano

I have a CNC machine with controller bought at E-bay couple of years ago simply didn

Guest yoss

Hi RobertoThis one my favorite alsow but i am not sharring your optimism about easy interfacing--my expectations are low and i would like to be surprisedNetworked gauges--perhaps ,What else?The PIC 1 ver was not even used the FSuipc What makes you think the PIC ver 2 will?All i know that development goes nicely ,unless you know moreAlsow i know that FS2004 has about one year more to live, so perhaps when the product will be released --nobody knows when, he will have to be patched short time after that for the new sim versionThats will take another several month i believeSad that developers keeping us in total darkness regarding the upcomming features and estimate release date and makes inpossible for us to plan anything So dont keep to high expectationsBut thats only my 2 centsI would be crusified for such replay on PIC forum for shure, lolAll i would like to add--after purchassing the PIC 767 ver1 i barely touched any other addon and was really PIC addicted No doubs best software i ever hadBut for now NG has better chance to be interfaced one way or anotherand thats what counts for us, cockpit buiders

Guest Erups

Unfortunately for you all my resources (including the electronics) are in Italian :(Anyway what i gathere is that for that range of programs able to directly drive a machine from the paralle port, there is a kind of standard called step/dir or something like that.As long as the electronics is compatible with this standard it will work with any program that supports it.A fellow italian has designed a 4 axis driver card which i order (the pcb only: 43

Guest PoRrEkE

have sent you e-mail

Guest Dodiano

Trust me it will have an SDK at least that is what they say and that

Guest MikePowell

A great deal of hobby CNC information is contained in the following massive thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62920 The designs are primarily intended to mill wood used in model RC aircraft, but can be used on plastic, and with care, thin sheet aluminum or brass.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest Alkit

I am building a Boeing 747-200 cockpit.I would ideally want to build an Airbus A300-600 cockpit.Why I build a 747? Because the part availability and the current retrofit allow me to make it sim doable. Also, I like the Classic.Why I am not building an Airbus A300-600? No parts available. Brand name effect, it lose the game to "747".

Guest PoRrEkE

I've sent one via your profile here .. is that the right address ?

I am building a NASA T-38BI would continue to build it if everything was made for me. However, NOTHING is made by third party people for this jet. I chose the T-38 for several reasons: 1. It is a simple jet 2. I flew it in real life and it was a real kick. 3. Many people are familiar with this airplane, having seen it at air shows. 4. I chose the NASA version because nobody has the large 5

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset