Sign in to follow this  
Guest Woof

Family Comments

Guest Woof

Does anyone else get grief from their family because of their obsession with flight sims?Quote from my mother when she saw the contents of the first picture."What are you trying to do, build a bloody plane?" - I did laugh.Quote from my girlfriend when she saw the contents of the second picture."What the f*** are they doing in the hall?" - I didn't laugh.Anyone had any gems of comments?Chriswww.virtual737.com - newly rebuilt and constantly updatinghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84398.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84397.jpg

You are building the first 25 seater with a complete in flight entertainment system?Norbert

Guest Erups

My girlfriend usually says i'm crazy if not worse (when i'm in some excitement for something new), while my mother keeps asking "why don't you do the pilot?"... :-roll

I find that most members of my family, and my wife's family, don't really know what to say.. usually they just whisper "Wow" or "Holy Carp" in stunned amazement. I've also discovered that there are 2 types of family members.. those that enjoy flying the sim, and those that enjoy flying the sim into the mountain.I've had a few friends proclaim that this might be something they would want to get into, but after an hour talking with them about the never-ending project, all of them eventually decide that it's too massive an undertaking.We're having our neighbors over for a BBQ this weekend. They know *of* the simulator in the basement, as we've mentioned it a few times, but I don't think they are really aware of it's ominous presence.I'll let you know their initial reaction. :-)

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Guest PoRrEkE

I personally wouldn't do the pilot ........ unless she was female, maybe :(oops, did I say that out loud ? :DWhen it comes to comments from people around me:My dad thinks I'm crazy.My mother thinks (now with the 2 seater) that it's becoming exagerated.Both my sisters are surprised each time they come and visit.All other people are so friendly to say lots of "ooh" and "aah" .. though no one can really tell if they think I'm crazy or if they are trully amazed. Either way, when I accuse someone of thinking I am crasy I usually show them other sims based on real cockpit shells and motion systems etc etc .. Then they agree .. THOSE are the freaks .. I'm average-ish:D

Guest PoRrEkE

Please do let us know indeed :)Btw, glad to read that you got family flying into the mountains, not into the buildings :)People are first to accuse us of being a terrorist-on-self-made-training .. though they are the first to suggest trying such an action in the sim.Ok we all know from way before 9-11 that in FS hitting a building results only in a freezed up sim stating "crash".Before I thought this was not real. However now I think different .. I think "must keep it this way" .. we saw real :s

Guest Dodiano

Can I buy one of those flat panels from you :) LOL!!Roberto

Guest VeeOne

My inlaws think im building a spaceship in the garagemy co-workers wonder why i still want to fly after i get home from flyingWife thinks its cool as long as she gets to buy something equal or in greater value than the parts i get for the sim.Mikewww.737BBJ2sim.com

Guest Alkit

My dad always say, "why you buy all these antique junk?"My girlfriend is a rare supportive role.My other boy friends mostly say "wow, cool. Can you make all these work?"Alkit

Guest c172 sim pilot

My mom just say It's to big (I've only got 1 foot walking space in one place). :-) But when I can sit in a full (with back bench) Cessna 172 cocpit I'm happy. My dad does not say much.My other friends just say I'm crazy (which is probably true) or "How long did it take to build?"Stephen

Guest stevelep

Hey ChrisYou just make an armed hand attack on a LCD store ???:-)BOB

Guest cwbalmer

Hee Hee!!!I get much the same.... - wife thinks I am mad - 2 daughters think it is cool, but only if they can sit in my flightdeck seats - the in laws think i muse be going though a funny period - workmates think I have a screw loose - you lot think it's great!!!The last one counts!!I have a cunning plan though - every month when I get paid, the wife gets a "similarish" amount to spend on what she wants!!! Simple...(the wonders of a hidden ebay account helps too! :-)Regards, Chris.Chris W. Balmer, Reviews Editor, simFlight.comB777 Pit Builder - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cwbalmer

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Parents think I'm just silly...Other half, on the other and, is quite happy to let me do what I like so long as it keeps me quiet, happy, and out of her way when she's busy tidying up! :(She did, however, stipulate some conditions....1) I must be able to afford it as well as the necessary living expenses2) We have the room (So far we have 2 rooms to ourselves, one bedroom, one living room, but shared kitchen/bathroom) so that means moving out into a bigger place :(3) Her words: "It doesn't get in MY way! :-mad "Seems she doesn't want to fly it then... Pity she won't even be the stewerdess either, could do with the occasional (cold!) coffee......Oh well, I pay the price for a bit of fun ;)

Guest Erups

>I personally wouldn't do the pilot ........ unless she was>female, maybe :(The thing is i do not know how to translate the exact concept :)The near i can go is this :(She tells me so, like becoming a pilot is like cleaning your room: something you just do...

Guest Woof

LOL. I like the comments. Not too sure I agree with the 'as long as she can spend the same amount of money on her things' comment though. That would get well expensive!Err, no, I didn't rob an LCD shop. I like the idea about creating a 25 seater with inflight entertainment though. Shame I dont have the room.They're all for my sim, plus a few spares, plus a few to trade (possibly, dont know what I'll have left over).RegardsChris