Sign in to follow this  
kiek

PIC767 NAV1/OBS panel with IOCards

Hi guys,I have my PIC767 NAV1/OBS panel ready!It's build from Spanish IOCards, Canadian Rotaries, yellow 9 mm LED Displays from Velleman in Belgium, German construction board and Dutch wood & paint (& lot of sweat) ... ;-)Have a look at my web site, ils page.Regards,Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpgNicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

Guest allistah

Ahh.. very nice. I like how you took all the wires from the switches and displays and ran them to another board so that the display could be easily disconnected. I was thinking about doing that same thing for my aft pedestal panels. I'm kind of dreading it because it's going to be a lot of soldering. I'll just tackle everything one board at a time and get it done.

Guest PoRrEkE

----*quote* a little while later I tuned ILS of EHAM 06 and landed safely!----of cours you did ! it's flight sim ;) it's always safe !geintjeother than that .. still *thumbs up*jij bent wel meester in't bij bouwen :(eerst je pedestal te klein, kwam er stukje bij, nu hangt er ook al een "extentie" aan je destktop module :Dblijven gaan ! :)

Guest bowingic

Hi NicoGreat work and as usual leading the way for us 767 "do it yourselfers". There is some plastic material they sell at Jaycar one of our electronic suppliers in Oz made especially to cover 7 seg displays so that only the lighted part is visible...from memory its a sort of smoked grey colour. If you are interested I'll follow it up for you

>Hi Nico>Great work and as usual leading the way for us 767 "do it>yourselfers". There is some plastic material they sell at>Jaycar one of our electronic suppliers in Oz made especially>to cover 7 seg displays so that only the lighted part is>visible...from memory its a sort of smoked grey colour. If you>are interested I'll follow it up for youTry the car window sunscreen dark tint foil, that might work and it is cheap. Those polarized 7-segment sheets are expensive.//Tuomas

Philippe,Thank You!"Wat betreft het bijbouwen:Ik ben een vlieger die ook bouwt, niet een bouwer die (nog) niet vliegt. " ;-)I also follow you're work with Photon and the VB.Net stuff with great interest. You're really an early adopter, but remember an old American saying: "the pioneers get the arrows, but the settlers get the land..."Regards,Nico

Thank you Tuomas, i'll combine you're info with that of Ian from Down Under.regards,Nico

Guest PoRrEkE

haha :Dsoon!Just got an update from Espen for the panel. Lets hope it works. Then I will be flying as soon as I got my flight controls linked again to the joystick card.

>Thank you Tuomas, i'll combine you're info with that of Ian>from Down Under.>regards,>Nico>Yea, noticed later that you say the same idea on your site. Tell me if it works? We have thought of the same, but we had the "special" sheet for our aviation club simulator for now, so there is no immediate need - but I think it would work pretty well.You know btw, that for example Bendix/King radios have a fotodiode or something that senses light, and if the light is low, it will dim the backlight and digits.. Who's the first to implement *that*? :)Thouhg a potentiometer for that stuff is even more practical solution in my opinion. It was just fun to notice that feature in the radio stack of our cessna, I hadnt realized it before. There's a small round circle that, when you put your thumb over it, will dim the lights..//Tuomas