Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

ATC not changing COM and Squawk

Guest gasebah

I am gonna bump this fr ya cuz I really would like to know myself.Alex

Mine would change the squawk and COMM frequencies for me when I flew with Micro$oft ATC, but I really don't ever listen to them anyways because I can't file a real IFR Flightplan, I just fly on VATSIM and change the frequencies manually for ATIS, and select certain Controllers within range by clicking on their ID in a list, then the COMM1 and RW IP are change automatically. You should try flying on VASIM with Squawkbox. It will be worth the try. Do a flight like LAX-SFO, best ATC on VATSIM.--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.LAARTCC.org

If you manually tune in the COM/NAV/Squawk frequencies, the ATC messages will move to the next series of inputs, if needed. The problem will be that you will still need to acknowledge ATC using the keyboard.

Guest Joshieca

I don't think that theres a way to do it. I think that MS forgot about it. They have it in a few of the flying lessons where you have to set the panels yourself, but I can't for the life of me see where you can turn this off.Its called "Autotune" and if you look in the manual (pdf's) it talks about it, but theres not mention of where to adjust it. One of those things, like many that we have see in FS2K2, where MS thought it would be good idea, and then forgot about it. :(

Guest gasebah

I've never done that but have been thinking about that a lot lately. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is that I read an instruction once that seemed quite complicated to me. To prepare a flight with a GA with all my add-ons takes me around 20 minutes now. I really think I do not want t add another 10.Alex

Guest gasebah

Yeah, I do that right now. But I would really like to get rid of the auto stuff still. I would like the button tune "......" go dead when the wrong freq is in the radio.Alex

Yes, that true, what I did is uncheck all ATC boxes...so auto ATC message pop-up, but, if I forget and select an option before tune my radio, it

Guest Dean

I have been searching for this as well. I know I saw a selection to manual tune the radios someplace but I'll be dam*ed if I can find it again. This is one of those features Fly had and I felt it added just a little more realism when you tuned to the requested transponder code and heard ATC say "radar contact".

This is an easy one to bypass. When ATC says "Contact Atlanta Center on 123.4" Respond and then instead of selecting "Tune to 123.4" Just manually tune it to 123.4. When you do it will advance to the menu to "Contact Center" As far as the Squawk code don't respond to ATC just dial it in and as soon as you do ATC will come back with "Radar Contact..." The only place you cannot manually do this is when reading back an IFR clearance, there it will auto tune the Squawk when you acknowledge the clearance unless you are really fast and tune it in first.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...25b2aaaa7ec.jpg

Guest gasebah

Yes, we all know that but what is the point in his then? When I dial in a wrong frequency or a wrong squawk code, or have the Com2 selected instead of Com1 it gets corrected e.g. without me even noticing. As I said I want the button to go dead in this case.Anyway,Alex