Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

F50 project nearly airborne now!

Guest PoRrEkE

Woohoow, Just got updated gauges from Espen. He managed to change something and guess what .. it works perfect now !God I am soooooo happy now.This means that tonight or tomorrow I can finish off wiring all the switches and knobs and assigning them with key comands via fsuipc and re-link the pots with the joystick card and then I am sooooooo airborne !!Sweetness !!

Guest allistah

Well, I have to say one thing. I'm very disappointed with you. WHERES THE PICS?!! :-P Come on man, don't hold out on us!! We want to see the fruits of all your hard labor!! 8-)

Guest allistah

Well, I guess I could have looked on your web page before I made an #### out of myself asking for pics. ;-)

Guest PoRrEkE

Lol ..well you should check my weblog for the latest pics:http://users.skynet.be/porreke/blogger/blog.htmlI should update my website but once i'm on a roll here with the sim, there's not much time for other things :(Also my blog is in dutch as you will notice so if you don't understand .. in the last post I made I said that I am already a few steps further again with the sim but I will not post any pics in the near future :(Want the surprise effect for a change :D

Guest stevelep

Nice I'm Happy for youI'll to wait some months for my cockpitHave FUNBOBPS: A question from all the users of this forum:what mean your logname "PoRrEkE" ???;-)

Guest PoRrEkE

hmmz long explanation but to sum upporren = to pokeso to touch somone's arm e.g.if you do that a lot .. you're anoying the person you are doing it to very much :D so that's me .. anoying if I want to :(Not born to be wild, but born to be anoying :(now,een por = a pokeso no longer a verbandeen porreke = a little pokeBeside all this my nick turns out to be very unfortunate as well but I don't mind. Because"porre"also exists. It is how a female member of the studentclub is called during her first year of membership. So before she has been taken trough some tests to make her full member. A guy is "schacht" and a girl is "porre". However, in my region of the country the term "porre" is not used. In my club both girls & boys are "schacht". So no one says anything 'bout that link between my nick and the female name .. But I suppose if we would have a student club from Antwerp or there about on a visit .. they would make a remark.But none the less .. I don't care. Because we got transversite cantus & such and ocasionaly I go dressed as a real "porre" :(It's good to go crazy when we are still young right ?

Guest High Octane

Oooooo! Nicely done, No more convertible style F50 :) I remember other day I visited your webpage showing you had overhead projector with " less than 180 degree exterior view" screen, what happen to it? or did I see it at someone else's cockpit and thought it was yours?

Guest PoRrEkE

hmmz ...either you've seen a picture that I did a mod on in photoshop, or it was an other website...

Guest PoRrEkE

Pfffffffffffff ... quite a lot of work if you don't care to do it for such a long time and then find yourself having to make up from day 39 to day 51 !None the less, pictures and info in english .. on my normal website !Enjoy !

Guest PoRrEkE

Total sweetness !As the weather here in the area has been almost the same for the past few days .. realy strange pattern though each day same stuff ..(to sum up, morning around 17

Guest PoRrEkE

I was just sitting at the window. It is raining less and I was enjoying the view. Quite dark here (23:30) but then you see the lightning even better :) I came to realise that nothing is as good as the real stuff :D The thunder in FS will never be as good. Nothing like a BIG roar like when you feel the vibration on your body and when you hear the house trembling a bit. AWESOME!I mentioned 'bout my flight that it was a crosswind landing. That's one thing I mis when flying online. When flying to EHAM they got so many runways so they can put you on the one facing straight into the wind. Where is the chalange!?One night I was going to EHAM quite late and by the time I got there all 5 controllers had left so a guy who had just landed suggested to take control. He was a rooky and gave me a runway of his choise. 90

>I was just sitting at the window. It is raining less and I>was enjoying the view. Quite dark here (23:30) but then you>see the lightning even better :) I came to realise that>nothing is as good as the real stuff :D The thunder in FS>will never be as good. Nothing like a BIG roar like when you>feel the vibration on your body and when you hear the house>trembling a bit. AWESOME!Yep, nothing beats the power of nature when things get rolling.. But this is surprisingly good:http://aerodome.net/gallery-kuvat/album21/IMG_5297.sized.jpgOur seat has speakers taken from a "force feedback seat" that we got from a friend - I think those are sonic transducers and speakers combined into one, since they make sound but also vibrate *lots*.It really kicks your butt when you fly in a thunderstorm and get a strike on a close distance :) Also we have small PC speakers up in the back corners of the cockpit near the pilots' heads so the rain drops and other environmental sounds create a very convincing atmosphere.//Tuomas

Guest stevelep

Cool the seats ...Could you give us the reference of these tranducers ?Thank'sBOB

>Cool the seats ...>>Could you give us the reference of these tranducers ?Those are from some "gaming seat" that was given to a friend as a testing sample (he works for a gaming company) - one of those crazy dot-com things that apparently never got much farther - but those are basically just speakers with big magnets.I think home theater shops sell real transducers too (things that dont make any noise but just rumble your butt) - and I guess a beefy subwoofer would also do the job - just put it on the backplate of the seat, or under the floor. Also, if your electronics can handle it, putting a transducer on the instrument panel itself gives a nice engine rumble feeling when you advance the throttle - we had that too but we took it out since I dont think the servos and simkits instruments and especially the visual display monitor would like that in the long run.. :)But it felt great - when you turned the key to start the engine it felt just like the real thing shaking the throttle lever and the yoke and everything..//Tuomas