Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

F50 project nearly airborne now!

Guest kdfossum

Philippe, are you really planning to sell your sim? Why, after so much work??? :-/

Guest PoRrEkE

I thought I had explained.Cuz I LOVE to build sooooooooooooooo much!And the ideal scenario would be to fly this one for some time, then sell it and start building a new one.Money raised with the sale of this one should enable me to make the next on a bigger budget (and with more & better knowledge & experiance).But I doub't it will get sold.

Guest kdfossum

Ok, that explains it. I thought you were thinking about getting out of the hobby, and I was like...wait a minute!!! As long as we keep you active in the hobby. I think very few people are as active as you are.I see your point. It's the same for me I think. It's the process of getting there and the building that is the funnest for me I think. Once I'm done, it'll be fun, but I enjoy putting the puzzle together more than looking at the picture when it's done.Good to hear. Great work my friend:)Best regards,

Guest PoRrEkE

I just made a deal with a guy who knows someone who has 2 grey un-used chrysler car seats. He will deliver them to my door and I have to pay 100

Guest PoRrEkE

If everything goos right I got 15 knitters on order. Hope to have them asap (it was said 1 to 2 weeks).If I calculate correct they cost me

Guest PoRrEkE

Even better .. the

Guest PoRrEkE

Woohoow! Received the chairs today. Expect pics on my website by this evening I hope.They are absolutely perfect! They are grey color and they are not very wide. They come from a Chrysler .. how do you call it .. not a mini bus but a rather big car where you can remove the back 2 seats and if you put them in the car you have 3 rows (unlike normal 2). The guy had them but never used them cuz he prefered the larger trunk space. So he planned on bringing them to a dump. Stupid though that I had to pay 100 euro for something that he planned on throwing on a dumpyard ............None the less, I am happy and already working on them to prepare them to fix in the sim.

Guest PoRrEkE

Pics are on the wiki & on my page.Enjoy :)Got 1 more base to make for the right seat to put on and then I need to go shop for L shaped extruded parts to fix them to the cockpit floor cuz now you gotta be carefull not to tip over :(

Guest PoRrEkE

I noticed a few days ago that I need pedals in a sim! Having the rudder fixed to the ailrons is not good for landing with crosswind.Nuw that I got my pedals wired up and after a while put some vaseline on them (now they work much smoother) .. I figured it all out ... pedals are indeed a must have .. though they don't make crosswind landing that much easyer :D Super fun though! I need more pracise obviously :) It's a new thing for me to fly with 2 hands and 2 feet. Normally all is in 1 hand and a few fingers for the little power lever from the other hand. Now I feel like I'm doing some kind of sport ! lolNone the less, starts to feel good. I need to wire up my flaps though and wire up the second gear switch as well. Cuz now only the lower switch is wired and the gear only toggles when I put gear down from gear up. So if I want gear up, I need to move gear lever, up, down, up. Gear down is easy.Ow yeah, btw .. check out what pilots do when they got to wait:http://piloot.smugmug.com/photos/6726913-M.jpgseems to me their philosophy is:"if it ain't got wings .. it needs boobs .. if it ain't got those either .. we don't care"Or was it true what Emile told me his Captain was doing: "he was looking for airplane pictures"LOL :D

>pedals are indeed a must have .. though they don't>make crosswind landing that much easyer :D Super fun though! >I need more pracise obviously :) It's a new thing for me to>fly with 2 hands and 2 feet. Normally all is in 1 hand and a>few fingers for the little power lever from the other hand. >Now I feel like I'm doing some kind of sport ! lolIt helps to look at the far end of the runway when you are doing the flare - this way you can get the plane aligned better. Or at least this is how it works in real life :) I agree good pedals are essential - and I need to finish mine.//Tuomas

Guest PoRrEkE

I didn't know it was a trick to look at the end of the runway though thats what I was doing.The problem I got is that the view is not set up proprely. I should see less runway (?) YES less runway :(I have the impression that I am going down too quickly and thus I end up landing with a tailstrike almost. Maybe that has something to do with my rather moderate landings. I haven't yet changed that cuz I removed all key commands from FS. Just to make sure I got no conflicts with the ones hard coded in Espens panel, so now after he finished all the gauges, I can know which key combos are still available and tune the FS assignments. Also it's not possible to set up "seat height" from the options menu (sadly). And an other thought, seat position is not saved when you exit FS so I need to search again to find the place where it was explained how to edit the aircraft.cfg so that changes would stick.