Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

Wiki HC building tutorials & tips page

Guest PoRrEkE
http://wiki.varxec.net/FrontPageThis thing is not only handy .. it's also very fun to work with & very very easy !I for sure will be adding stuff for the comming few hours. Think I already did a quite good job on the "commercial parts sellers" page I made :D Weird though cuz though interested I never bought anything from them :(Keep it up, keep it up !

Guest PoRrEkE

"Typos fixed"Lol @ Manuel :)THNX for this edit :) You might have to clean up behind me each time I put something on there :(Spelling ain't so much my thing ..

>http://wiki.varxec.net/FrontPage>>This thing is not only handy .. it's also very fun to work>with & very very easy !Yep, I sorted your list alphabetically and corrected a few typos :) Good stuff.But lets not add too much "empty" structure until there is content - I mean, better add it up as things grow - stuff can always be moved around later if needed.//Tuomas

Guest mbessler

>>http://wiki.varxec.net/FrontPage>>>>This thing is not only handy .. it's also very fun to work>>with & very very easy !>>Yep, I sorted your list alphabetically and corrected a few>typos :) Good stuff.>>But lets not add too much "empty" structure until there is>content - I mean, better add it up as things grow - stuff can>always be moved around later if needed.yep. agree.Someone has to go around and check the content. sometimes stuff gets duplicated on other pages. For now, just having some content rolling in is good.The toplevel page doesn't necessarily have to contains links to all available pages. Creating a bit of a hierarchy is good. Wiki Navigation can be awkward. I'm sometimes having my own problems finding help on the syntax in the The MoinMoin Wiki docs. :-)Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

I know but watch this page cuz I am about to spend the rest of the evening adding content to those pages :(

Guest PoRrEkE

Yap ..Thoug correct me if I am wrong but the initial index I have put up is quite easy no ?Builders will find fast what they look for.I don't like a too big index cuz it will take you ages to read all the threads though hiding to much behind the first index is a way to keep people in 1 section only. If you do that you need superb cross navigation optios which is VERY hard to do !

Guest PoRrEkE

Question though .. is there some form of backup to this wiki ?Cuz whenever someone feels the stupid need to go and erase pager per page ......

Guest mbessler

>Question though .. is there some form of backup to this wiki>?>>Cuz whenever someone feels the stupid need to go and erase>pager per page ......Erasing is currently disabled.Backup... read about this checking out the different WikiEngines, but can't remember what MoinMoin does. Have to check that. I know it does allow you to see diffs between edited versions.Manuel

Guest mbessler

>I know it does allow you to see diffs between edited>versions.And now I even know how :-)for example:http://wiki.varxec.net/Getting_20Started?a...=info&history=1just append [pre]?action=info&history=1 [/pre]to the URLCurrently also looking around how to make the wiki visually more 'appealing' and different from the default theme.Manuel

Guest mbessler

I Changed the theme. Tell me if you prefer/like that one.Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

I can see you've managed a new skin, though I hope you're still working on that ?The edit window should be reduced in size (horizontal) cuz when I am typing the cursor goos behind the menu ........

Guest PoRrEkE

Hmmz .. already back to the old style :D

Guest PoRrEkE

It did "look" better, though I found it rather unhandy .. I kinda liked the menu on top helping you to go back to the "frontpage" fast.Also the issue with the edit page I've mentioned.

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok this blue-white one is nice :)

Guest mbessler

Ok switched again. :-)> The edit window should be reduced in size (horizontal) cuz when I am typing the cursor goos behind the menu ........Hmmmm... the vertical size is configurable in your UserPreferences page.http://wiki.varxec.net/UserPreferencesThe horizontal size .. I don't know. If you know CSS, you could customize several things, possibly also the size of the editor box or at least the font. Use the "User CSS URL" for your own CSS, also on the UserPreferences page.Manuel