Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

None gray type rotary encoders

Guest PoRrEkE

Anyone has a clue where I could find the none-phase-shifted rotary encoders in EUROPE ?I am looking for both single ones as for the concentrick double ones. No need for push-switch.Any help is welcome!Tnx

Guest PoRrEkE

Starting to think that those "dual concentric none-phase-shifted rotary encoders" simply do not exist.If so I'll have to settle with either 2 single knitters or take the phase-shifted and use a redec cirquit.For the NAV1 for sure I haven't got space on my glare to put 2 rotarys. Thus I should need 2 redec cirquits.Anyone knows where I can find those ?I don't need the ones from bleu side up or others that can house up to 8 .. just 2 on 1 print or 2 prints for 2 rotencs would be nice.Anyone can help me find them somewhere 'round europe ?

Guest PoRrEkE

I have put all my findings on the wiki.I sure am curious if anyone finds me the NPSDCRE !

Have a look at series 62C at Grayhill'.Not sure about the output however...

Guest PoRrEkE

I have checked most of the Grayhills.'six two charlie' is also phase shifted.All of them are. Unless I missed one.

>I have checked most of the Grayhills.>'six two charlie' is also phase shifted.>All of them are. Unless I missed one.Can't you build a concentric one? It's easy to build from the regular 12-position cheapo switches, can Photon use those as rotaries like FSBUS?Also, if you can *find* the knitters for sale in small quantities for a reasonable price somewhere, let me know :) I have tried.. //Tuomas

Guest PoRrEkE

I could try building concentric ones but I don't want the "rotary switch" ones. I want encoders. Much better feel to it and they use less inputs.If Photon can use those ? Sure Photon can use each type of input :(You mean if the software does the same trick as FSbus router ? That you should ask Scott. I don't have his software. I write my own. Indeed I could make a code-block questioning 3 inputs and determin which way the thing is turned but then again, I don't want those rotary switches.I could write software which converts the phase shifted input to correct outputs .. but that would mean I have to write a lot of code which I'm not sure will be 100% relyable.I'd rather just have the knitters. Nice and clean mechanic sollution.

Guest mbessler

>You mean if the software does the same trick as FSbus router ?> That you should ask Scott. I don't have his software. I>write my own. Indeed I could make a code-block questioning 3>inputs and determin which way the thing is turned but then>again, I don't want those rotary switches.>>I could write software which converts the phase shifted input>to correct outputs .. but that would mean I have to write a>lot of code which I'm not sure will be 100% relyable.You can also use a microcontroller like a PIC to do the decoding.I do have some code for that. Its not hard at all.The cheapest PIC costs about 1.50EUR, and it should be able to decode 3 encoders.Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

I've been trying to find redec serquit pcb for sale but can't find any. I've only seen on LeoL his page but the specific pages are not online.I will need to be able to atach 2 gray type encoders (actually 1 double concentric).Little help here pls ?

Guest PoRrEkE

Any help is appreciated.If I could find 1 of those PICs quickly it would be great.What you mean you got code for that ?Does it need to be flashed ?Then I would have another problem because I can not flash it ...

Guest mbessler

>Any help is appreciated.>If I could find 1 of those PICs quickly it would be great.>What you mean you got code for that ?>Does it need to be flashed ?yes.>Then I would have another problem because I can not flash itPIC programmers can be built very cheaply.There are plans on the net for parallel port and serial port burnerssearch the web for the JDM serial port burner. It doesn't even need a power supply.And you might need one further down in your cockpit building :)PICs are really great. Think about it: FSBus uses them, BetaInnovations,...And yes, I do have code for that. And you can use basically any kind of PIC. I suggest getting the cheapest PIC with pins > 8For me that was the 16F630. The common F84's will also do.Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

I have been concidering before to build such a JDM serial port burner. Back then I was looking for a good way to connect some more pots to the pc.Recently i decided to take apart my second SideWinder Precision .. Though this time I do not remove the pots from the joystick, only the print. I've made it such that I can re connect the print to the joystick. I do need a few connectors though.This time I didn't want to lose my joystick since I do not want to buy yet an other one. Then came the idea to have an external interface card instead of an internal one :)Quite good plan I think :)Now it's just a matter of connecting the print to my sim or to the joystick.I should find some sort of box though to put it in cuz otherwise it won't live long.None the less .. I'm not sure on the building a flash unit. I could go check at the local electroshop if he has all the parts. I just don't like it when he has to order parts. I suspect he sells more expencive then and also it happened a few times I wanted something, he said I could order but I won't ..Because if he orders he has to order 100 and I only need like 4 or 5 of those .. whatever they were.

Guest PoRrEkE

Maybe if someone could provide me a couple of those PICs ready flashed ... That would be awesome.I am willing to pay the price of a PIC flasher extra to pay for the trouble. Just so that I don't have to bother making one ...I don't see where else I would ever need one.FSbus I will have (hopefully) but I will not use but sell it again and FSbus flashes itself.BetaInnovations ... indeed I used to want some parts of the analogue input but I got plenty now.What else is there ?