Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

None gray type rotary encoders

Guest mbessler

>Maybe if someone could provide me a couple of those PICs>ready flashed ... That would be awesome.Well, what about software updates... eg. if a timing isn't quite right for your setup, having a programmer helps as you can update the PIC yourself.>I am willing to pay the price of a PIC flasher extra to pay>for the trouble. Just so that I don't have to bother making>one ...Olimex sells a JDM-like programmer for under 10USDhttp://olimex.com/dev/pic-pg2c.htmlThere's also a schematic, so you could build it yourself.>I don't see where else I would ever need one.One never knows :-)>FSbus I will have (hopefully) but I will not use but sell it>again and FSbus flashes itself.yes, it can, but only FSBus firmware as its built into the PC software and its not open source.>BetaInnovations ... indeed I used to want some parts of the>analogue input but I got plenty now.>What else is there ?My PHCC makes extensive use of PICs :-)(although I use a bootloader for the main PIC and will try to let the other PICs do the same)Regards,Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

Hmmz ok, that finished version seems rather interesting.I will first check with the local electroshop as soon as I'm back at my dorms city (simply cuz I don't go here at my home town .. I hate the guy from the shop .. SO unfriendly! OMG!) First I wanna know if he has the parts in store.But then again if I build one myself I don't have the PCB ... ?

Guest PoRrEkE

Btw, then if I got a chip flashed, what else do I need ?Just plane perfboard + PIC + grey encoder ?

Guest mbessler

>Btw, then if I got a chip flashed, what else do I need ?>>Just plane perfboard + PIC + grey encoder ? yes, basically.you connect the decoded outputs to a keymatrix or similar input like FSBUS, Gammaray, OpenCockpits thingy, IFlightSys' Photon, PHCC keymatrix,...All you might have to do is tune the decoded output pulse length such that the input board used will not miss pulses.... and the guy's name was Gray, not grey :)

Guest PoRrEkE

Sorry 'bout that .. my excuses to Gray ;)I got Photon and I write software myself so I can speed up/slow down the reading process.At the moment is is at 200ms but I guess I could go much faster.Have you got any example pictures or diagrams on how to wire the GrayEncoder to the PIC and where the outputs are ?

Guest mbessler

>Have you got any example pictures or diagrams on how to wire>the GrayEncoder to the PIC and where the outputs are ?you can configure that yourself. There's just one (for the 16F630) I/O pin which is only an input. Other than that, all the I/O pins can be configured freely. All other connections you need are +5V and Ground.Manuel

I could try building concentric ones but I don't want the "rotary switch" ones. I want encoders. Much better feel to it and they use less inputs.-----------------------The 12 position switches feel stronger, more heavy to move. (You can shorten the spring for a lighter feel if you want).I have only experience with light planes (Bendex King radios) and they feel exact as heavy as these. Anybody here with experience on the heavies?Turning the radios's during turbulence needs a stronger feel, so I think these are more real than encoders.norberthttp://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

Guest PoRrEkE

I got one of these rotary switches in my panel where I am not using it. For fun I changed the little metal balls inside. I got smaller ones here and now it feels lighter.Still if I use those I should code in my software for it.The thing is .. My code now just reads the input array, process it and then saves it in an "old input array" so that next time I can compare. When old input is low and new input is high a signal is sent to fsuipc.Now if I would want to do crazy stuff with some inputs I would have to isolate these inputs from the array and then code for these specific. I don't feel like doing so.

Guest PoRrEkE

That is some awesome precision work which I could never do :(

Guest perchas

Send me the knitter and I in a while modify, I have discovered them a new technique that I do not need to disassemble knitter, is very easy to the plastico being, also I have modified rotary type gray, these are much but dificiles to do, its axis is of aluminum of bad quality and when drilling them the bit is clogged and many of them are broken, send the knitters along with to 5 euro or to dollar bil, and to self addressed bubbles envelope. I'll put in there the remaining amount from the mailing charges.SaludosRafaelhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/85254.jpg

Guest PoRrEkE

Ate those the ones from knitter-switch.com ?If so, I am trying to order those but haven't heard from them. Hope to hear from them after the weekend.I kinde need some of those quick. I want to start flying seriously but that's kinda hard when you have nothing to tune the HDG, CRS, NAV, ... then the autopilot isn't much of any use as well. I could use my Hagstrom card again like I used to with the phase shifted ones but I need to have for sure at least the AP-ALT on the photon. I need to keep track of what the AP-ALT setting is. Espens panel does not use the default FS offset for that so I can not read it from fsuipc. It wouldn't work he sais with the ASEL switch. Once you would turn that one on the plane would start pitching.