Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdfossum

Colors

Guest kdfossum

If you go to your hobby or toy store you'll probably find Testors in the plastic model section. You can also order from them online at www.testors.comIt's just paint that is made to be very accurate for plastic models.Thanks for the help guys, I will do that, and I'll see if I can post a color code for mixing it so people dont have to go buy the testors at all.See, the problem for me, living in the city of San Francisco, I have to go way out of the city to find a store that carries the testors. San Francisco is not great on hobby shops.Best regards,

Guest kdfossum

Thanks Norbert, I might go for that approach, as long as you dont have any color differences with your panels. Your throttle looks great btw.Regards,

Hey Kevin - Though I doubt it's beyond most builders' means to buy a bottle of the stuff for testing, it would also work if you painted a chip (as before) and then scanned it on an accurate scanner, then used Photoshop to find the CMYK value.Then, someone could simply print a chip with the same values (or print the chip itself) and use that for matching in a paint shop.Andrew

The "American Accents" line of spray paint by Rust-Oleum contains a color called 'Nutmeg' in a Satin finish, which is so darned close to the Boeing color, it's all I've been using.

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

hehe... NEVER! ;-)I have heard that colors such as "Fragrant Cloud" and "Party Surprise" are very close to the Boeing color too....

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Guest PoRrEkE

Where can I see the price of this redec board you got over at bluesideup ? And would it work on a Photon input board ?

Guest mbessler

>Can't stress it enough .. I love the grey cockpit as much as I>hate the brown one :( And it truly is JUST about the color.On the Airliners.net forums I read once about why some Boeings have brown cockpits while others have grey ones:It depends on who is delivering the avionics. :)Brown is Rockwell-Collins, grey is Honeywell.... seems like this is true...Manuel

Guest kdfossum

I like grey, but I think the airbus looks better in grey than Boeing. I honestly think Boeing looks old and outdated in grey, with airbus it looks modern and on the edge. I dont know why, just looks that way to me. Perhaps Airbus uses a different shade of grey that looks better.Why does Boeing chose brown and tan colors? Well, I think Americans have this thing for those colors. Wherever you go in public places in America youre gonna find Brown and Tan. Even the new "modern" stuff here is Brown and Tan. I just think Americans are behind the rest of the world in choice of color. It all looks 70's. Bring on the colors, like greens, blues, etc. Dont be affraid to use it, and it livens things up alittle.That's my opinion.Still doing my cockpit in Brown and Tan though:)

Guest mbessler

>Hi Kevin - >>Easy solution - >>Paint a clean white piece of smooth posterboard with the>Testors color and bring it into a paint place that can>color-match it - they're really, really accurate now.Hmmm... initially, I thought that "Testors" referred to some kind of "Panel restauration kit". Since the color from these kits are already the correct color, having that color (which contains probably just a small amount) matched at a store seemed a perfect idea...... but as far as I understand, "Testors" is a model paint (like Humbrol or Revell)?Anyways, the color-matching seems a good idea, whether you show them a real panel or something painted with the stuff from the panel restauration kit.Manuel

Guest MikePowell

Manuel,You are correct. Testors is a company that supplies model paints. The initial suggestion to use Testors paints for Airbus and Boeing touch-up came from a Gables Engineering service information letter. Gables makes control panels that are used in Airbus and Boeing A/C.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest PoRrEkE

My though on why they use brown ?Well here's an idea .. maybe.777, 747 and 767 are big birds. They are the so called cr

Guest kdfossum

Thats a thought, and it might be true from the Boeing design team's perspective.I don't think anything Boeing is "cr