Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdfossum

Colors

Guest kdfossum

I think this is the way to go, to make sure it's correct. Having it matched at the paint store will help me get larger quantities than the little 1/4 or 1/2 oz bottles. You know those are gonna be gone really quick.Thanks for all the suggestions guys. As soon as I've done this, I'll make sure to post the result and maybe a matching color code for anyone else who likes to do the same.Best regards,

Guest PoRrEkE

I think we shouldn't get fooled.It might be an impression we get because Boeing opts concervative.EG take the 737 NG. Check the overhead. Compare it to the none NG. See any difference ? Not much. Now as to systems .. I believe there is a world of difference. They could have put the 777 overhead in there, I think the plane would have worked just the same. Only now pilots need to flip 5 switches instead of pushing 1 button to trigger the exact same system.Check the 777 then. Why no sidestick ? Cuz the 767 and 747 didn't have one. Right .. now they can't put the sidestick in the 7E7 neither ? Bull....Take it from a F50 pilot from KLM Cityhopper ... he would prefer having a sidestick which takes maybe a day or 3 to get used to in the sim than to have to eat on his lap and have sause all over his throusers :( It might sound stupid but how handy you think that table is ? I believe it are those things that make one believe that Airbus is more advanced. I'm not so sure if they are. It just looks like it because they are not so into "lets put an old yoke in there that is interfaced but feels like an old one but does nothing like it" ...

Guest kdfossum

I like the airbus look with the side sticks, although for me the feel of a stick still belongs in a fighter jet, as far as building a cockpit that is.So I opt for going with the 747 and the old (boeing)style with flight wheels. Maybe I'm old fashion, but that's what creates the feel of flying a commercial jet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember seing pics of brand new 747 flight decks... arent they grey?The redesign of the 747 interior seems pretty cool. If you havent seen it, click on the Boeing banner at the bottom of my website.Best regards,

Guest PoRrEkE

That flash stuff doesn't want to load here :sSais "loading" on the page and at the bottom in status bar "Done" ?

Guest PoRrEkE

aha with interior you mean passengers area ...the 747 deck used to be grey in the old analogue days.

Guest kdfossum

Yeah I know the old ones are grey, but for some reason I thought the brand new ones have the NG color panels. Not sure though

Guest kdfossum

Did you get it to work?It's a pretty cool site, I like it alot. Just let it load for a while and see what happens

yes I repainted the yoke in the same darker color too.Much better now.norbert

Guest kdfossum

ok, so I went to the hobby shop today and found the colors. Well, two of the Boeing colors that is.It took some effort, because the colors are sold under the name of Model Master, and made by Testors, which I always thought were two entirly seperate brands.Anyway, I got the Sand (Boeing Beige) and Raw Sienna (Boeing Brown). I didn't get the Burnt Brown (Boeing Dark Brown) as they didnt have this in the store.The only thing left to do is to go to a paint store and have it match it. I didn't have time for this today, but as soon as I have this done I will post the color codes for those who need it, that way it can just be mixed straight at the paint store without having to go buy the colors at the hobby shop.Hope this is of help. Thanks again everyone for tremendous help.Best regards and happy flying,