Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ferdie

New advanced software for simulation system

Guest Ferdie

The first public version of the new advanced software for IOCards, SIOC will be available in a few days.http://www.opencockpits.com/uploads/images/siocp.gifThe IOC simulation system (SS-IOC) has been developed to configure all type of user defined simulations, affecting not only to the IOCards hardware, but to the way of working of the simulator and associated modules. All that we miss in the simulator can now be implemented using this software.The software uses the IOCP protocol to communicate and access with the system internal variables.The core of the SS-IOC is based on:- An IOCP server able to work with any input and output of a variable defined in the software.- An IOCP client that accesses to other systems (i.e. FSimulator via IOCPserver.dll or X-Plane via XPLUIPC).- A FSUIPC client that accesses to other systems (FSimulator, Project Magenta, etc).- A connection module to link with IOCards system which let us to control the cards.- A visual scripts programmer that includes specials functions, conditions, timers, math functions...The system works with events, internally generated by variables assignments or by the information received from clients (FSUIPC, IOCP), or by the IOcards hardware.With this software we can simulate any system in the plane, we can control analog gauges, etc. All the requirements of many users that wanted to make 'all type of works' with IOCards are now covered.You don't need to know any programming language because the scripts systems is very intuitive and is based on mouse clicks. The possibilities of this software go farther than the use of it for cockpits. You'll be able to simulate very compicated systems in a very easy way.

>The first public version of the new advanced software for>IOCards, SIOC will be available in a few days.So the "new" in this is the visual scripting thing much like the CCC on FSBUS? Looks interesting - can you post screenshots of that part?//Tuomas

Guest MattOlieman

Looks fascinating and sounds simple..... but certainly would like to know more about it.... You got my attention:)

Guest CaptnKebec

Wow!I'm in the process of developping my own application with my IOcard, I think I'll hold my work and wait for that software!When will it be available?

Guest Ferdie

>>The first public version of the new advanced software for>>IOCards, SIOC will be available in a few days.>>So the "new" in this is the visual scripting thing much like>the CCC on FSBUS? Looks interesting - can you post screenshots>of that part?>>//Tuomas>You can look a screenshot of a script in this post !In this screenshot you can look a Autothrottle system programmed in SIOC.I think have two important features :1) This system is a server IOCP and you can connect new modules easy and can run this modules in any computer in your local net or trought internet. You have very posibilities... For example you can connect a IOCP console for inspect any vars, or connect a IOCP sound-client, or connect graphics panels.2) You can have any control of modules, simulators or IOCards throught your client modules (IOCP client, FSUIPC client and IOCard interface module).No know CCC. This script is created by a form interface. You can select vars, functions, conditions, etc clicking in this interface. Regards, Manuel V

Guest Ferdie

>Wow!>>I'm in the process of developping my own application with my>IOcard, I think I'll hold my work and wait for that software!>>When will it be available?I think, in a week you can download a first beta spanish version, and can wait some days to download a new multi-language version.In all case you have a launch of complete version of SIOCP in the next month.Regards, Manuel V

>You can look a screenshot of a script in this post !Oh, I meant the interface to create the script.>No know CCC. This script is created by a form interface. You>can select vars, functions, conditions, etc clicking in this>interface.Yep. The FSBUS "CCC" is like this:http://mikkila.wabbits.org/fsbus/doc/CCC-Tutorial/010.jpgThis is an example config by Jari Mikkil