Sign in to follow this  
Guest mbessler

Simbuilder Wiki Logo Contest and Contributions

Guest mbessler

Hey folks,the content of the Simbuilders Wikihttp://wiki.varxec.netis growing, but we still need a nice logo.If you know how to use a graphics program, consider designing something and add it to the Logo Contest Page:http://wiki.varxec.net/Logo_20ContestIt would also be nice if we had a bunch more contributors. Right now, about 7-8 people have added content. Thanks guys. Please head over there and get your feet wet. Wiki editing is really easy. NO html needed. Lets keep the content and esp. the Logos coming :)Tip: If you wanna know which pages changed recently, go tohttp://wiki.varxec.net/RecentChangesRegards,Manuel

>Lets keep the content and esp. the Logos coming :)No no, I dont mind the logo as long as the other content is being added. Rather no logo and good content :)Just swap the moinmoin pic with

Home Cockpit Builders Wiki

//Tuomas

Guest kdfossum

Here's my opinion if I may.The contents is the most important for this website, and I think it's turning out to be a really great site. Logo contests are fun and I'm sure we'll see some great contributions. However, for this patricular site, I wouldnt mind just seing a clean font at the top, spelling out the name. No need for a logo that's involved I think.It can make the site look cheesy really quick. Clean, sleek = professional in my opinion.

Pretty much my thoughts as well :)And um, the moinmoin dude is kinda cute =)//Tuomas

>If I may suggest, I'm all for the idea of a logo - if it's>-good-.>>I've been a professional graphic designer/art director for>about 14 years.>>A good logo only helps. There's certainly no harm in clean>typography, of course.Yes, but without content, there is nothing that the logo can represent.. We'll have a logo. But having a logo does not make the content any more useful. We artists and also the geeks have one problem: we get excited about the infrastructure and pretty packaging too easily, while it is just a vehicle to get the content delivered. :)//Tuomas

Guest mbessler

Andrew:>>I've been a professional graphic designer/art director for>>about 14 years.Well, why don't you have a try at making a logo ? :)Tuomas:>We'll have a logo. But having a logo does not make the content>any more useful. We artists and also the geeks have one>problem: we get excited about the infrastructure and pretty>packaging too easily, while it is just a vehicle to get the>content delivered. My intention for the logo is to make is more 'recognizable'...Many flightsimmers out there are very much into 'eye candy'.Eye candy doesn't have to be bad but it should serve a purpose.Since the MoinMoin Wikis look all the same. Ok, there are a handful themes but nothing more to set them apart at a first glance.There are still too many people who think if it looks nice from the outside, the inside must also be great. (And vice versa).I personally are not much into eye candy. I use ion as my windowmanager and usually have just a bunch of "white-on-black" xterms open :-)Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

I've just uploaded 2 more :) Tsjeck them out!I think it might not be such a bad idea of having a "banner contest" instead of the logo ... This way people could advertise the wiki on their page. If there ever is a banner .. I'll put a link with it on my site.

Guest mbessler

>I've just uploaded 2 more :) Tsjeck them out!Sorry... but the gentleman in the logo might not like this :)(And there are some differing opinions on this builder...)And (from a scientific view) the 'evolution' steps have been disproven by science even though school textbooks still contain that stuff.(Please no further discussions on this... as its off-topic)What I'd like to see is something that covers the 'building' part.Thats what I tried to convey with my 'page filler' logo attempt.Doesn't have to be a screwdriver of course.. :)>I think it might not be such a bad idea of having a "banner>contest" instead of the logo ... This way people could>advertise the wiki on their page. If there ever is a banner>.. I'll put a link with it on my site.Yeah the banner idea is good. (i don't care if we call it banner or logo)Manuel

Guest mbessler

I have some pictures from a visit of the Auto&Technik Museum in Sinsheim (where I live).Thats the place where they have the Concorde next to its russian 'sister' Tu-144. (among others of course)As I made these pictures, there are no 'copyright problems' or asking for permission. Not sure if there's anything usable...I'll have to put some online later tonight if I don't forget...Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

I was thinking where I might find pictures of a sim together with the builder himself... He's the only one I can remember to have such pictures so ... No other reason why I chose RP.None the less, I know what you are looking for as an ideal logo-banner. Just have to think 'bout it a little longer to come up with something good ;)This one's funny though .. I think ..

Guest kdfossum

There is some creative thinking here...I LOVE the ape developing into a pilot... Thats what it's all about... I think that banner says alot... Might need alittle help making it clearer though...Great idea in any case.That's my favorite so far.

>I was thinking where I might find pictures of a sim together>with the builder himself... He's the only one I can remember>to have such pictures so ... No other reason why I chose RP.I think the term you are looking is "self-portrait" here :)//Tuomas

Guest PoRrEkE

ok then "self-portrait-with-the-sim" .. or even better "self-portrait-with-sim-while-being-buzzy-with-the-sim" ......... :(