Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

external gauge exe

Guest PoRrEkE

MS tells me these are the minimum specs for the gracards so this is what I want to find. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone got a price indication on such a PCI card ?8 Mb of video memory, full 3D hardware acceleration, and DirectX 9 compatible drivers

Guest yoss

ATI 7000 pci--8mb- about20$

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok thnx, this helps.I think I've found something on E-bay.ATI Radeon 7000 PCI 64MB-DDR MacOr does this only work on Mac and not on PC ?

Guest yoss

Phillppe, look for pci versionI have 5 screens on single PC and 3 of the cards are the ATI 7000 pciWorks great for 2d

Guest mbessler

>Ow and then that person is going to get a bonus as well cus he>sais "beyond" ... Ow btw, 15 euros / h is quite a lot if you>ask me ..Well, try to find a programmer who will work for 15 Euros/h...I think that double to 4 times that much is more likely.Manuel

Guest mbessler

>But why does he sell Airbus and Boeing type GC for .. lets say>$ 400 and RJ for $ 99 and dito on the cessna-stuff for $ 99>and when I ask him if possible to do something that looks a>bit like F50 he comes with a number like 30.000 .......Simple:the 99-400$ are the costs for a user license. It gives you a (very limited) right to use the program. It doesn't allow you copying and sharing it with others, it (usually) doesn't allow you to run the program on more than one machine at the same time... For details see the License agreement.the 30000 $ are the "development costs". It means that they will program something for you after certain specifications.If they call it "development costs", it usually means that you don't even have the right to the source code or that they can't sell it later on. Thats whats often done in the software world. One customer pays all the development costs, and but then the programmer will sell others the rights to use the program for say 10-1000$.Manuel

Guest mbessler

>That X11GC looked interesting. Is it hard to learn how to>use it ? And can one modify how the gauges look ? I should>read the page from top to bottom in a few. First I go eat :DAll the gauges are vector graphics. Currently its done by modifying code. (C++). Later it might be possible to define the gauges using XML or something like that.As for your other question concering flightgear/linux:It is possible to define/program different protocol backends. Doing something like that (like programming an interface for say FSUIPC) wouln't be too hard I imagine. The flightgear interface isn't even started yet. As for the operating system, it is probable that you can compile it under win* if you use the cygwin environment. It also comes with an X11 port.http://cygwin.com/http://www.cygwin.com/xfree/If someone would add FSUIPC to X11GC, that would also benefit PHCC, since both projects share code. :)If you'd like to check out the X11GC code, email me directly.Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

The one I pointed out here is a PCI version ...I saw only it said Mac at the end just when I bid 3 euro for the card :sSo if this one is no good, I should hope someone else bids more than 3. If this card is OK, than I should hope no one else bids higher :(But now I am egor to know if this was a mistake or not.

Guest PoRrEkE

With an attitude like that, no wonder all those softwares cost so much .. you don't happen to work for M$, do ya ? :(

Guest PoRrEkE

Fieuw! Somone just bid more than 3.I just noticed that indeed when I use the PCI card that I got, I am not flying 3D accelerated mode ! WEIRD that I hadn't noticed this before ! Cuz in FS2002 when not in accelerated mode you could awefully see the difference. Now it just seems to difer on the FPS.Ok then I should look again for an ATI 7000 PCI.Any other suggestions for cards that might work from the same price category ?

Guest mbessler

>With an attitude like that, no wonder all those softwares>cost so much .. you don't happen to work for M$, do ya ? :(Who ? Me ?Never!!!!!!!Seriously, I'd never work for them. No matter what they'd pay me.I am (and have been for years) a Linux-only kind of guy.On the other side... software development IS EXPENSIVE. Those 30000 bucks might even be cheap. I do software development for fun, and also for a living.The stuff I do for fun is free software/Open Source. Since I do it just for fun and for myself, why not allow others to use it as well ? It doesn't cost anything, but it might actually help improve the software.Moreover, since I use free software almost exclusively at home, why not contribute stuff I've written ?I try to use Open Source as much as possible when programming for work.It helps getting things done, I can usually expect good quality and if something needs to be fixed or otherwise changed, I can just do it. No waiting for someone to add a feature in his software that I need now and could do myself :-)Philosophy>Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

This card has DirectX 9 compatible drivers available ?

Guest Erups

Philippe please bear with me: i didn't read all the thread.I don't exactly understand what you are attempting to do, but if you are trying to span the 3D view on 2 video cards, then i am afraid it is not possible at all.The only way could be with specific video cards (i do not know of any available on the mass market) which cuts the scene in two, each peace of which is calculated from one of the two vcards.Pretty much like old 3DFX SLI, or new Nvidia SLI (which is rather different techincally from 3DFX's one, but the result should be the same).The only way is to use a modern powerfull videocard, and span the desktop on two monitors.Sincerely, altough being an Ati powered, i only know of Nvidia being able to do this: really spanning the view on two monitors.With my ATI i've only been able to setup two monitors, and undock the windows on the second one.My 2 cents :)

Guest PoRrEkE

That's what I want to do: undock the gauge panel for the left MIP panel. Nothing more, nothing less.I got a reply here that ATI 7000 PCI can do that with full 3D acceleration. I'm still hoping to hear from other possible cards which cost similar. I do not want an expencive "overkill" card just for this. All it needs is DirectX9, 8MB min ram and 3D acceleration.At the moment, as said I got an S3ViRGE card which had I thik the 8MB of ram but is nothing of a 3D card. Thus it kills my GF2 Ti 500 here. As soon as I turn the second monitor on in windows, FS does not want to go accelerated mode on my GF either.Without the S3V I get very high FPS (up to 90!) so I would like to keep some of that for the outside view on the GF.I am trying hard here to find such an ATI 7000 in PCI version for sale in BE or FR or NL but no luck yet. Any help is appreciated.

Guest PoRrEkE

I found one for 30 euro.Hope I win it from marktplaats.nl