Sign in to follow this  
Guest mondo

Looking for a pcb layout

Guest mbessler

>I am trying out here to design a PCB for this .. I am using>ExpressPCB freeware soft .. seams very handy tool :)Isn't that the program where you can only export/save in one format, which is basically only usable to send of for making PCBs by the same company that offers the software?>But however I do not seem to find a way to do these pcb's>without having to do double sided pcb :(Check out this eagle layout:It does work ok on single sided PCBs.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86748.gifManuel

Guest PoRrEkE

Good one, I'll try that ..this one also passes the CC trough the board and makes you wire it yourself to the connector ?where you see the + signs and the pink dot .. that was my idea as well.But let me try this here .. this might work indeed :)

Guest mbessler

>Good one, I'll try that ..>>this one also passes the CC trough the board and makes you>wire it yourself to the connector ?>>where you see the + signs and the pink dot .. that was my idea>as well.yes, the CCs are the big green vias in the center of each display...ok cheated a little here. :-)If you have just two displays right next to each other, it would work.If you have three or four, where you know the the two CC pins are internally connected, then this would also be doable on a single-sided board.Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

i can export as both DXF and as BMP.no idea if the DXF is their commercial file but I think not ..either way the BMP file is neat .. how many pixels per inch should I export to get a real life size ?or does that depend on how you print it ? .. hmmz must be

Guest PoRrEkE

argh!it only exports the "mechanical part" to bmpmeaning the silkscreen layer which should show you where the components go :(all i can do now is make a screenshot I guess ..lemme see ...http://users.skynet.be/porreke/DoubleDisplay5.jpganyone can make this for me ? :D

Guest mbessler

>i can export as both DXF and as BMP.neither of those two formats are very good for PCB layouts.>no idea if the DXF is their commercial file but I think notDXF is from AutoCAD, but widely used since its specs are open. Its a vector format.>either way the BMP file is neat .. how many pixels per inch>should I export to get a real life size ?>or does that depend on how you print it ? .. hmmz must beBMP is not the right format for this. Postscript, or even better Gerber. But they wanna sell their service (making boards) thats why the program is free.For the layout, try the DXF. It should have the resultion/size defined.For BMP you might have to experiment at what resolution (dpi) it comes out correctly sized.Are you gonna use toner transfer ?Have you tried eagle to make the schematics/pcbs ?As long as your PCB size is less than 100x80mm, the limits are no problem. And it exports all 'real' formats used for PCB production :-)Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

eagleroger, i'll have a look where i can download that and get ridd of this PCB soft.and if i will use toner ? i won't for sure :(I am NOT going to etch or make any prints myself.I will try to find someone who whants/can make tham for me.As said in an other post .. by the time you got these techniques mastered you've payed equal money as if you would have them made first time ..Either way, payware, freeware .. the design is there now and if I use other software now I can just re-do based on this one.

Guest PoRrEkE

nope .. the trick in my layout is that all displays are close together. no gap between.therefore the gap between the top left and the second pin (1 below) should be equal as the gap between the 5th from the top and the 6th.

Guest mbessler

>nope .. the trick in my layout is that all displays are close>together. no gap between.>>therefore the gap between the top left and the second pin (1>below) should be equal as the gap between the 5th from the top>and the 6th.Well, you have a link for eagle, you have the layout, try to fix it.use the Group function, mark the stuff to move with the rubberband box,then click the move button and move the GROUP with the RIGHT mouse button.There are tutorials out there for eagle...if you need them.Manuel

Guest jollive

Glenn post above: "They are designed around the Kingbright SC36-11YWA as far as pin layout goes."Jose

The Dremel tool uses a collet to hold the bit. You would need a collet to fit the drill since they don't ship with that small of size. Also, look into the drill press attachment for it. Will save more than it's cost in headaches, drillbits and grief.

Guest PoRrEkE

quick question ..how do i temp. hide the white semi-transparant picture of the display ?cuz I can't see the lines of the print that well :(

Guest mbessler

>quick question ..>>how do i temp. hide the white semi-transparant picture of the>display ?>>cuz I can't see the lines of the print that well :(disable the tName, tValue, and tPlace layers. Use the layers icon.if you can't find the icon, try typing "layer" or "layers" in the textbox. In theory you can use eagle completely using the keyboard/scripts. Just gotta know the coordinates :-)I think there's an export function that writes out a script using these commands. You could read it in the same way...helpful if you want to export/import between incompatible eagle versions. (esp. downgrading)Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok I've finished editing it.. now what ?I mean can I now export this to gerber or somesort ?