Sign in to follow this  
Guest coenc

External cockpit gauges

Philippe:"what I meant with numbers was not the ones going around in the circle. The ones I mean are like digital numbers right under the center point of the needle which show the value in digits which the needle points at in analogue way."Like this, you mean, Philippe?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86515.jpgThe "bugs" move round the outside of the gauge as an analogue readout, while the digital value is displayed in the center.Richard

Guest coenc

Would you be helped by a activeX component that shows a needle on a configurable background jpg?And how do you connect to FS?

That's basically what I use already.The connection to FS is done via FSUIPC and (If running on an external PC) WideFS.Richard

Having it as an ActiveX would be nice though - my previous panels have coded each needle seperately.Richard

Guest PoRrEkE

That looks some or what similar indeed.Just check this picture .. http://www.airliners.net/open.file/492758/MMost of these got such a digital number. Though they do have a real neadle.The trick with your gauges Richard, .. can you change much to them ? Like the virtual horizon ? Can you re-shape the thing ? Or the change the w-shape into a ^-shape ? etc etc ..

The AH is a commercial instrument, so I'm limited in what it can look like. There are three or four choices of reference marker, one of which is a thick inverted triangle.Richard

Guest coenc

For those of you that are interested in programming analogue gauges.See the results of what I've been spending my time on...the included OCX needs to be registered before using the exe(Start>Run> regsvr32.exe AnalogueGauge.ocx)