Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

multiple display problem

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok today I went to the shop and bought the ATI Radeon 9200 PCI version.Came home, put it in my pc reboot .. windowsXP didn't detect it.Took it out and put it in other PCI slot. Same deal.Then I took out the AGP card .. no joy.Then I went back to the shop and asked to test the card there .. it worked without a problem.Back home .. no joy.Uninstalled both drivers of the old S3ViRGE PCI card and the one from the AGP GF2 Ti 500 .. no joy.Now I reinstalled the AGP drivers and tried to install the ATI drivers and will see what this gives but my guess is .. no joy.Anyone got an idea what might be going wrong cuz I am clueless.Ow, just in case you wonder .. I had PCI for inital video to startup in bios set at first. Tried it with AGP .. no difference. Now it's back to PCI first.

Guest High Octane

Have you configure multimonitor setting on XP... if not this may be why windows didn't not detect multimonitor configuration. I had similar problem before like you just because I did not do multimonitor configuration on windows 2K and XP

Guest PoRrEkE

?I had a simple S3ViRGE 2D card and it worked before. If winXP doesn't show any new found hardware, how then can I configure anything in XP .. ?

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

There may be an IRQ sharing problem. Maybe the PCI slot you are using shares its IRQ with another card that doesn't support IRQ sharing?Did you try to manually install the hardware? Don't count on WinXP that they will detect all the PnP devices. After all, that's why we call it Plug and Pray!Try installing manually the card via the Install new hardware wizard. If the auto detection do not work via the wizard too, go back and install it manually by selecting the card from the list.Also, What is your primary display card? An nVidia maybe ?George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Hi there,I had this kind of problem earlier days as well and my problem was that I had in BIOS Primary Display or is it called Primary VGA or similar in AGP. Change that to the PCI and try again...// Joni

Guest PoRrEkE

> There may be an IRQ sharing problem. Maybe the PCI slot you are> using shares its IRQ with another card that doesn't support IRQ> sharing?I don't think that's the case cuz I've put it on all the PCI slots in the end .. no joy.> Did you try to manually install the hardware? Don't count on WinXP> that they will detect all the PnP devices. After all, that's why> we call it Plug and Pray!How else do you install hardware than manually ? :( ROFL You probably mean software, right ? Ok I did try to install the drivers if that's what you mean. Ow and running the wizzard for detecting hardware didn't beep either. Then aha now I know what you mean .. adding a hardware to the list and then selecting which one it is from the drop down boxes. No I didn't try that and honestly I am not able to do it even if I'd want to: reason = pc doesn't boot with this card installed.> Also, What is your primary display card? An nVidia maybe ?My AGP card is indeed an nVidia GF 2 Ti 500. But there's no way these 2 conflict cuz I have uninstalled it fully with drivers & the entire ***tload without joy.The guy from the shop will try to find me an other card. I have a Club 3D here and he told me on the phone now that he will have a Saphire (i think) by friday to try. Also he'll have something else than 9200. Think 9000 or 9800 .. dunno.Either way he told me that there are no more nVidia PCI cards sold ?! Is that true ????

Guest PoRrEkE

As I said before .. "Primary VGA" (or whatever) is set by default on my mobo in the bios to PCI first. So if I reset this it will be always PCI first. I would have to change it on purpose to AGP to get something else. So that's not the problem for sure.I got an S3ViRGE here for almost a year which works and also requires PCI first to be set.

Guest Erups

>Either way he told me that there are no more nVidia PCI cards>sold ?! Is that true ????False.I do not know what models are available, but every vendor has models for PCI.Anyway have you tried booting it up with only the ATI Pci card takeing out the Nvidia AGP one?Does it work?If not, maybe it's an incompatibility between your system (namely the motherboard) and the new graphics card.

Guest PoRrEkE

Anyway have you tried booting it up with only the ATI Pci card takeing out the Nvidia AGP one?Does it work?Nope ... I mean yes I did take out the nvidia and i even got as far as uninstalling the whole ****load of drivers etc .. no joy though.I think that either it must be incopatibility between my system and the card.Now the guy from the shop has ordered Sapphire 9200 card (while I got here Club3D 9200) .. onyone can tell me if .. IF there is a compatibility issue .. is it the card ? or the chipset ?So might this Sapphire work ? Or is trying it the only answer to that question ?He will also have 9600 or such .. dunno by friday to try.I might get lucky cuz if the 9600 work he might give it to me without extra costs (so for the 9200 price) .. who knows ;)

Guest spiliot_

You should check to see if the ATI card is getting an IRQ and appears at the plug'n'play list that is displayed right before boot.There is a setting in the BIOS that forces an IRQ redistribute to all cards. Something like "reset DMI pool". Try it.Also, try to remove all other PCI cards (if any) and put ATI at the third or forth slot.Lastly, try to give it a manual IRQ number instead of an automatic one.

Guest PoRrEkE

It doesn't boot so I can't even see if the IRQ gets assigned ! :(Oh misery oh misery :-violin

Guest vishalhiremath

hi guys i have a problem....i am not good with computers so need ur help. I am trying to build a sim with X-plane for research in cockpit design. I have 5 monitors 3 of which are touchscreen. I want to display the flight displays (the PFD and the MFD) on the three computers inside the shell and the visuals on the other two monitors. Can u guys help me out as to how to go about this ?...thanksVish

Guest mmorrell

Dude,I am runningn 2 9600XT Sapphires with ZERO problems, right out of the gate.FWIW...

Vish,Welcome to the obsession of flight simming and cockpit building. I am not trying to put you off however, what you want can

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset