Sign in to follow this  
Guest coenc

Analogue gauge ActiveX component

Guest coenc

Hi all,I have just finished the first version of my Analogue Gauge ActiveX component. It also has a little test program with it.The gauge is totally configurable thanks to mr Porreke, who had some great ideas about it. You can configure the background picture (irrespective of it's size), range of travel in degrees and discrete values, color and size of the needle, size of the digits, etc, etc...Don't worry: I will not sell it for 30.000 euros, the analogue gauge ActiveX component and it's sample project files, can simply be download for free by everyone from my website (www.boeing737.tk), just go to download section.BTW: Once unzipped, you need to register the included OCX with the command "regsvr32.exe AnalogueGauge.ocx" (Start>Run) before running the exe.Hopefully this will be useful to somebody and maybe you guys can give me some feedback as well

It sems to require a specific path to be unzipped to, as after I unzipped it I still couldn't register the .ocx. What is the full path you have it working from in your setup?Richard

Guest PoRrEkE

i didn't register anything and the thing just works ...

Guest coenc

It doesn't need a specific path, it could unzipped to any directory.... You probably don't have a VB6 development environment?

Guest PoRrEkE

I got VS.Net 2003 installed .. thought it might be that, the reason why it worked without registering :(

I have the full VB suite installed, as that's what I also write in. When I try to run the exe I get "Background.jpg not found"Richard

Guest coenc

The file 'background.jpg' should be in the same dir as the exe.... If you registered the OCX in windowssystem32 , then you might have to place a copy of background.jpg there as well.... I registered the OCX in the same dir as the exe

Guest coenc

Rick,Probably the .vpb file contained a wrong path? Look at it with notepad.Anyway, the latest version can always be download from my webpage.