Sign in to follow this  
Guest coenc

New EICAS software for FREE

Guest coenc

I had a little time to spare... Started programming an EICAS screen for the Boeing 737. Very, very soon this panel software will be downloadable from my website. It uses FDSConnect to connect to FS2004, FSUIPC might be faster, I don't know.... I'm still open for any kind of suggestions.http://home.planet.nl/~coppo020/cockpit/de...enshotEICAS.jpg

Guest PoRrEkE

looks good!is the length of the needl editable ?and could you do an fsuipc version then afterwards ?it just would be stupid for all those that payed for fsuipc & widefs now to use fdsconnect ..

Guest coenc

That's the whole trick... The needle is placed automaticly in the middle of the background picture. Then it stretches out to the edge of the picture. So the size of the pic determines the lenght of the needle automatically, so the picture must be exactly square. The needle thickness and color are configurable. Concerning support for FSUIPC: I don't have FSUIPC and I don't opt to pay for it. I dont understand the license bull. I prefer FS2004 over FSUIPC with FS2002. You understand. But programming it towards FSUIPC would be a little doodle now.

Guest migzz

Wow! EICAS for free... now that's what this forum for... can i use this EICAS on my B777?thanks

If someone wants a version to work with FSUIPC mine is in the library...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86995.jpgIt's not necessarily a bad thing for someone to work on FDSConnect version for some of this stuff though. Between Pete's eye problems and the crap he took for requiring commercial developers to pay to connect to FSUIPC I wouldn't be surprised if FS2004 wasn't the last version that FSUIPC supports.Richard

Guest coenc

I've never studied a 777 EICAS, does it look like a 737?

Guest coenc

<<>I guess we all heard of it, but it just doesn't look like a 737... :-)But your PFD and ND look great! The thing is, that with this OCX , people can develop their own model EICAS, for example for a Fokker or Airbus, etc. Or, one could even only change the bitmaps.

Guest PoRrEkE

If only there was a Fokker50 FreeFD ..............

Guest coenc

What does that the F50 look like? like a F100?How was Hoofddorp?

Guest coenc

DON,Do you know of any difference in speed between FSUIPC and FDSConnect?

Guest FokkerSim

Coen.....No that doesn't look at all like a F50, the eicas pages of a F70/100. You got me thinking though. The problem is that in a Fokker 70/100 the engine Ratings are not displayed Cirlular but in BarGraph. Is that also possible with you OCX?? the eicas page of a Fokker 70/100 looks like this : http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/87087.jpgand thats only the first page.......

Guest coenc

I gues I could make a second OCX, a bar type with the same characteristics. That would be possible. Those bars look logaritmic, don't they?

Guest FokkerSim

Hi Coen I don't think so, I think they are linear. But hang on for just a moment, I just asked a friend who fly's these birds for real to give me al the info there is on the eicas displays of the Fokker 70. But thanx a lot that you would want to do that !!! btw. In het nederlands lult toch veel gemakkelijker...... Ik mail je wel ff !

Guest PoRrEkE

Gert, if nothing rotates, I can make this for you with VB.Net in no time. Using FSUIPC.