Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

concentric rotary switch (can someone make them ?)

>Either that or you might want to glue the metal part to the>plate ? If the round holl in the backplate as you say that>6mm plastic has a diameter bigger than the outer one from the>screw, you can still take the rotary switch out of the system>by removing the screw which would allow the rotary switch to>be detached (not from the panel) but from the metal part.>>I got similar issue here. Not that the screwthread is to>short, but cuz there simply is no darned screw delivered with>these knitters :( Either I should go find some that fit or I>should just glue the knitters onto the panel .. I am not so>fond of that idea because I got the impression that those>knitters from knitter-switch are rather low quality. They are>very light, very small and almost 100% plastic (except for>contacts f cours) which may make them wear out after some>time.What if you make the hole on the outer panel larger so that the nut fits there? So the rotary is fixed on the backside layer only? Would that help? The knob on the outer rotary will likely be large enough to cover the nut.Also, if the shafts of your rotaries are long enough, you could attach one more layer behind the panel, maybe 2mm alu sheet or so where you screw the rotaries on and fix that behind the whole thing..? Or make smaller pieces for each rotary..?//Tuomas

Nice solutions. I found another one myself: make screwthread in the aluminium square frame. So the upper rotarie is in fact attached to the frame without a nut. Then glue the frame to the panel. In that way it is still possible to remove the rotarie for replacement, service or whatever.

>Nice solutions. >>I found another one myself: make screwthread in the aluminium>square frame. So the upper rotarie is in fact attached to the>frame without a nut. Then glue the frame to the panel. In that>way it is still possible to remove the rotarie for>replacement, service or whatever.Yea, I thought of that, but making threads without tools is hard, thus I thought there might be easier solutions.But nice that you found a way to do it :)//Tuomas