Sign in to follow this  
Guest mmorrell

WIDEVIEW settings across two displays

Guest mmorrell

All,I am setting up a second machine for my out-the-window display. I plan on using Wideview, as I have read in other places on the forum that the two-video-card-in-one-machine scenario takes a heavy toll on frame rates.My question is - what is the best I can hope for regarding field of view? I would (of course) like to do 180 degress, but would settle for 120 degrees or so.I anyone doing this, and if so, can you forward some pointers on settings, etc.?Thanks....

Guest Erups

It really isn't a problem of wideview or number of videocards: the maximum FOV depends on the projection system available.Two 15" monitors can't even cope with a 120

Guest mmorrell

Ah... my fault - I should gave given more background...I have two NEC DLP projectors (1024X768). They will be displaying on to a rear projection screen mounted in front of the cockpit, in a semi-circle (very similar to what Marco did at www.flightillusion.com. A friend of mine owns a mirrror business and will provide custom mirrors to my spec, although I don't think that any kind of curved mirrors are in my budget.I am trying to figure out the best way to leverage what I've got to get the widdest FOV I can while maintaining a relative high degree of clarity across that FOV. I am resisting the idea of going with three displays and a Pahelia card (or something like it) because of costs and the fact that I am working in an 8 foot by 12 foot space.The projectors will be mounted in front of the sim and reflect back at the screen off of the mirrors (obviously). This gives me aprojected image of ~6 feet high by 8 feet wide from each projector.So my options are two fold - either a second video card in my FS server (P4- 2.8GHz 800 FSB overclocked to 3.2GHz) or to run Wideview on a second machine (P4 -2.4Ghz 512FSB not overclocked).So with that info does anyone have any suggestions of how to obtain at least 120 degree field of view?