Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

AI Flight Plans in Saved Flights

Anyone know if it's possible to have AI aircraft in saved flights we create in FS 2k2 that have a date from the past? And if so, is it possible to program them / add AI aircraft and flight plans? I'm trying to recreate the midair collision flight of PSA Airlines' Boeing 727-200 with a Cessna 172 on September 25, 1978 near San Diego Lindbergh International. My goal is to create an adventure where you're on approach in the PSA 727-200 (Kevin Stewart's nice repaint of Mike Stone's 727-200 recently available in the file library)and you have to see and avoid an errent Cessna 172 as it strays off its assigned heading and into your flight path. That accident killed 144 people, including all aboard the 727, the two pilots in the Cessna, and 8 people on the ground. It would be great to have ATC call the traffic. The photo is Kevin's, of his nice repaint.Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Sounds difficult. Create the Cessna's flight plan with TrafficTools. Then you will need the exact time when the Cessna crosses the flight path of the 727. If you have this time, you can make the APL/ABL script.Timing seems the most important, otherwise you gotta miss the Cessna. Bad that the APL/ABL script cannot control AI traffic...Good luck! :-)http://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/avsim/sig.jpg... under short final 25L EDDFetienne@spindler.deICQ# 99744757

Etienne:I can handle the Cessna's flight plan in TTools, I even know the exact time it was supposed to have crossed the 727's flight path, but what is the "APL/ABL script," and how do I edit it? Is it in TTools, or something else?Thanks for your Reply,Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

The AI generator looks through your AI flight plans during startup and loads a finite (no I don't know the total number) number of AI aircraft. The AI programming doesn't accept a particular date, e.g., 09/25/78. The programming will allow for departure (from TTools help file) on:"Repeat period: This specifies how often the flight plan is to repeat in a day. It is normally a period of hours, in which case it must be one of 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12 or 24 hours, or it can be the word WEEK. For example, if a flight from KORD to CYYZ and return departs KORD at 00:21 GMT (UTC), and the flight plan has a 6 hour repeat period, then the same flight will also depart KORD at 06:21, 12:21 and 18:21. If you specify a 6 hour repeat period then the aircraft must be able to do a complete circuit in under 6 hours in order to be ready for the next circuit. This includes taxiing time and some stop over time at the destination. Unlike in real life, the AI software will not allow flights to get backed up too long. If an aircraft is not where its flight plan says it is supposed to be then it may simply disappear."I recommend you download TTools and read the help file for programming the two planes. Whether the routes they take will every cause them to collide, is not known.

WS:Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with TTools and creating the respective flight plans, but I guess my question is, will the AI be generated on all flights, even the ones we create and save and even if the date is one from the past?Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN

Yes, the flight plan doesn't know anything about the year, month, or day, just time.If you start your computer using a saved flight, it will start at the time you saved the flight. Theoretically, the same AI will load each time you load this flight only because the AI generator searches the flightplans for AI within the 80-90mi radius around you that should be in that vicinity at the time you load fs2002. Setup and save a flight, exit fs2002. Using Windows Explorer, find your saved flight in your fs2002flightsmyflts folder. Open the flight (*.flt) file using Notepad or Wordpad and view the data saved for the flight. One of the items is:&l;DateTimeSeason&r;Day=100Year=2002Hours=14Minutes=54Seconds=11Season=SpringSimTime=642.708038Each time you start this flight, it assumes this date. However, the AI is generate base only on the time of day, not the date.