Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcintron2

Need Help with Enclosure and External Views

Guest jcintron2

Hello, I think I finally am ready to start building the housing and external views for my generic sim. However, I don't know where to start. I spent two intense month building this and now I am stuck. I havent even been motivated to hookup my FS Computer and try it out. I guess that just because I will be unhappy using the single monitor for the external view. Here are some shots of my progress; Comments and suggestions on how to proceed next will be greatly appriciated.

Guest ricktana

Here's a sample of what you can build out of wood with time, tools and patience. And when you get it built, put three projectors in the ceiling and get ready for an awesome experience. Rick S.

Guest ricktana

Forgot to put up a picture of the 3 projector view.

Guest Delta767300pdx

WOW, thats a really great sim!DO you have a website or more pix? Im currnetly designing my shell, and I like to look at other sim shells that have been built by hand. and yours looks alot like what I want to build. keep up the good work!

Guest ricktana

Jason,No website yet. Working on it! This dummy can build an Airbus cockpit and make it fly but he can't design a web site. I sent you some pics. E-Mail me for more specific info if you want it.

Guest mmorrell

Rick,I am doing something very similar to what you have done (only rear projection and screen closer to the cockpit). I assume you are using Wideview(?) Cn you send what your settings are for angles, hieght and what screen you are using (2D with panels off or VC)?Very nice :)

Guest ricktana

Mitch,My screens are made out of white canvas. (Large painters drop cloth from Home Depot) They are 8' X 5' positioned at 45 degrees from each other. Top of the screen is at about 7 1/2 feet.My projector lens' were set at a mid range zoom setting for the initial positioning of the unit in the ceiling. I positioned the center viewfirst at a distance of approximately 14' from the screen. (That was all the room I had. I would have liked to have had a few feet more) The left and right views are set to the standard FS9 default angle, again positioned at approximately 14 feet. To line the three views up took a combination on all 3 views of camera positioning, lens zoom, FS9 zoom, and slew positioning of the plane on the runway. I've attached a pic of how I mounted the screen and one of the projector mount I built. I still am not 100% satisfied with the results and minor tweaks will be necessary someday. Right now I'm focusing on other areas of the project.I am using the "panel off" (W key) view on each.