Sign in to follow this  
kiek

COMMtuner

Hi,Are you a VATSIM pilot?Do you have a 'hardware radio', such as a GoFlight GF166 and do you use AVC tuner to read your COM1?Do you feel the stress of having to dial digits in your COM1 Standby radio while you are landing or taking off a heavy jet on your own?Do you rather keep your head up during these conditions?Is your wife not willing to act as a co-pilot too? :-) ;-) --> Well, here is the right tool for you: COMMtuner!Go to my web site, Downloads page.Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

Hi George,COMMtuner is complementary to AVC Tuner (and will be complementary to SquawkBox3).You need both! (IMHO)For instance:if you swap a new frequency in your COM1 active radio:* AVC Tuner will switch AVC & Squawkbox channels, and* COMMtuner will put the next controller's frequency in COM1 standby.(automatically and flawlessly, that's the main function of COMMtuner, saving you work!)COMMtuner is a local tool.(COMMtuner interfaces with FSUIPC and needs a registered FSUIPC copy)For the documentation, see readme.txt in the download.Best Regards,Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

"Do you feel the stress of having to dial digits in your COM1 Standby radio while you are landing or taking off a heavy jet on your own?"Hey, do you want it to be real or not? Stress is part of real flying.BESIDES, I DON'T APPRECIATE COMMERCIALS UNDER THE GUISEOF QUESTIONS!John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest yoss

Hi NicoNice utility --tnx for sharring that Your site is a great inspiration scourse for all of usAlways a lot to learn from you

Guest Stephan Haas

John,Have a look at his site. He's not charging for it. (and if you take a close look at his site you'll see that Nico has contributed quite a lot to our community!)No need to start shouting.Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

Oops! Looks like my 'Announcement' (posted as Information, not as a question...) was too professional. You really got the impression I'm commercial? COMMtuner is freeware, you may use it 'as is', at your own risk.And yes, I do want to be real, but in reality there are two pilots, you know...Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

>And yes, I do want to be real, but in reality there are two>pilots, you know...What do you mean? That means I have been unable to fly until now, right? :-) Dont forget one-pilot aircraft that also have radios =)But yea, that is neat as a "virtual co-pilot", I can see that.Although one can tune the next frequency on the standby in advance by hand too, just like in real life. Or like some people do and tune 121.500 for standby when there's nothing else going to be tuned in soon. Fast to access in case there's something that goes wrong and you need to declare emergency..//Tuomas

Hi Tuomas,>Although one can tune the next frequency on the standby in>advance by hand too, just like in real life. That's what I did sofar, indeed! But sometimes there's not much time for that. I fly heavy metal, as you may know ... ;-)Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

Sorry Nico!I did think it was a commercial site. You did sound like a professional ad. Good work, in that department.Yes, I know that there are two pilots in commercial aircraft. I also know that the standing joke about co-pilots is that they are there to change the radios and lift the gear.You have to remember I am an old timer. I flew in the days before GPS and fancy doo-dads. LOL Hell, I still carry charts when I fly real airplanes and use them to navigate, even though I have a Garmin 250XL and a handheld GPS. You never know when they might both fail. ;)Again, I apologize for snapping at you.John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Hi John,Accepted, that's very kind of you, much appreciated.Yes, it''s always good to have a back up 'system'.My PIC 767 flies on autopilot in cruize of course, but I manually tune the VORs on route for better situational awareness, just in case the autopilot would fail ;-). Nico