Sign in to follow this  
Guest mbessler

Homecockpit Builder Website Update Notification Mailing...

Guest mbessler

How long is your list of bookmarks from fellow builder's websites?Checking for updates on other builder's websites can take some time,and often you go there just to find out that there hasn't been an updatein the last week(s).Here's my suggestion:A Mailinglist were only update notifications are posted. No discussions.(There are enough forums for that :-) )If we can get enough builders to subscribe and use this list to announcewhenever they make changes to their website, then this would, at leastin my opinion, be helpful both for * builders with their own website as they would reach their "target audience" better (webpages are made to be read, right :-) )* and builders as well as non-builders interested in the progress of other home cockpits, because they can get notifications of website updates right after they were made and don't have to manually check for updates every now and then (the time saved could be used for building :-) ) So, what do you think about this whole idea ? Good, bad ?The list already exists and you can go and subscribe right now:email to cockpit-updates-subscribe@varxec.netor go to http://lists.varxec.net and subscribe to "cockpit-updates"This is only gonna be successful if we can get a good amount of builders to participate.Manuel

Guest mbessler

No opinions at all ?Whats up folks ?I know the forum has been a bit quiet the last week... but at least someone could voice his opinion. Either good or bad.A few folks alread have subscribed :)Manuel

Guess everyone is watching the Olympics? :)I think your idea is a good one for people who regularly review the sites. I don

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest mbessler

>Guess everyone is watching the Olympics? :)yeah, that occurred to me right after I sent the last post.(you can tell that I don't care much about watching sports :-)>I think your idea is a good one for people who regularly>review the sites. I don

Guest captain777

Manuel,Isn't this something that can be incorporated into the 'Home Builders Registry' that Robert Prather started? There are well over 100 sites in the registry...and it may be worthwhile to integrate this idea (which is good, by the way!) into that database.It may be a simple thing to have Robert program in an email update list. Of course it's up to him.Then, if you update your website, you also update the registry and everyone who has checked the 'i want updates' box will get the update list.

Guest mbessler

>Manuel,>Isn't this something that can be incorporated into the 'Home>Builders Registry' that Robert Prather started? There are(R.P. implemented the registry, but he didn't start it. AFAIR the idea originated with Alkit from this forum)>well over 100 sites in the registry...and it may be worthwhile>to integrate this idea (which is good, by the way!) into that>database.Well, .... maybe. My idea is actually a bit older than the 'Home Builders Registry' but when Robert started the registry, I decided to wait and see how its gonna develop.There is a lot of overlap, but I haven't had a good idea of how to best automating/incorporate the updates list with the registry.Then there are those who are not in the registry, possibly not even building, but still keeping an eye on the builders.The best I could think of is to put up a link fron the registry to the list and from the list subscription pages to the registry.Maybe even email all the builders in the registry if they'd consider using cockpit-updates for their announcements.I think this needs more thinking.>It may be a simple thing to have Robert program in an email>update list. Of course it's up to him.There's no need to program anything. Maybe create an online form. But this must be made resistant to spammers who like to misuse email forms.>Then, if you update your website, you also update the registry>and everyone who has checked the 'i want updates' box will get>the update list.The problem with this is that you usually don't go to the registry if you update your pages. I thinks its easier to send out a short email.Thanks for the input,Manuel

Guest twabi2

I think this is a great idea.I have a giant list of sites in my favorites, and I vistit every day about 20 of them...I also update my site very often, so it realy comes in handy to let people know there's something new.I love this project so much that I have already subscribed to his mailinglist, but since only Manuel and me are there, ...

Guest mbessler

>I think this is a great idea.>I have a giant list of sites in my favorites, and I vistit>every day about 20 of them...>I also update my site very often, so it realy comes in handy>to let people know there's something new.>>I love this project so much that I have already subscribed to>his mailinglist, but since only Manuel and me are there, ...Actually... there are a few people who have subscribed. :) I get the subscription notifications, so I know how many people subscribe.Right now, there are 9 people subscribed. Not w whole lot, but a start.I guess we'll have to wait until those folks taking a (olympic) break from cockpitbuilding and forums-checking come back ;-)Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

Here's a thought...We all know the simbuilders register. How about adding a script to it so that after login to it, you can hit a button. This button will put an image in the register to show a green light burning instead of an image of a green light that is not burning. This "signal" lasts for 1 week after you turned it on than goos back to off automatically. This way you can fast scroll trough the existing register and find pages that have updates.Also I've noticed it lacks the option to sort the list by start date. I'd like to be able to see whom started first and whom most recent.

Guest PoRrEkE

D'OH !once more I find myself posting something that was suggested already :(should first read and only then post my thoghts.however I'm more fond of having a sign on the registry than an e-mail in my box...