Sign in to follow this  
Guest nauwa

News on the mobile sim

Guest nauwa

Hi all simfellows,Finally I have corrected all errors on my CNC-mill and the construction of details and panels has started.Knobs are milled out of 16mm MDF board, panels are made of 3mm semitransparent white plastic that is painted on front surface. First the text and symbols are engraved with a 0.6mm mill and then the details and shape are cut. As you see on flightdeck picture theres a lot of paper templates that will be switched to real panels.The knob is milled with a 3mm cutout for the marker, when knob is painted I insert a 3mm plastic part to enable light to shine trough marker. As it takes 1 hour to mill the knob I will propably make a mold of it soon as I can make 4 molded knobs by 1 hour.Johan

Guest twabi2

looks realy cooldid you make that CNC yourself?and why do you call this "the mobile sim"? I want more info on that!

Guest nauwa

The CNC is homemade but not by me, I bought it from the builder a few years ago, but lack of suitable software and some error with the controlsystem has prevent me from use it earlier.It's called "The mobile sim" as it's housed in a caravan, so I can take it with me on the road to airshows, exhibitions and so on.RegardsJohan