Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW063

Newbie to Forum and home build.

Guest BAW063

Hi guys,Im new to this. I have decided on a 763 flightdeck. I plan to use panels from FDS. I work in Television and film building sets so Im handy with timber etc.I have a limited understanding of electronics. Basically what interface system would you guys recomend. I have looked at EPIC and FSBUS. Is interface IT worth waiting for.Nice to be here and I look forward to long winter nights pulling my hair out in dispair and then finding the answers here.:D RegardsJamesBAW063

Guest Robid

Hi JamesWelcome.I've only just begun myself, and have chosen to use FSBUS. I too new very little about electronics but have learnt quickly. Downside: With fsbus, when you build it yourself, you will 9 out of 10 times have some troubleshooting to do after you build each piece. But I think that half the fun is building it and learning as you go. (But that's only my opinion)Upside: Great sense of acheivement when you make it work.So, my vote is for FSBUS.David

Guest twabi2

it depends on your needs and budget...I needed lots of switches (about 800 or so).So I decided to go for PHCC (http://cockpit.varxec.net).On the same site, you can find a list with a bunch of interfaces, and their amount of switches, LED's, ...

Hi,>Downside: With fsbus, when you build it yourself, you will 9>out of 10 times have some troubleshooting to do after you>build each piece. A very good alternative solution is to buy already build and tested boards from:http://www.opencockpits.com/They are cheap and professionally made. The functionality of IOCards is about the same as FSBUS. Personally I like IOCards because you only need a simple 5V power supply and there's no flashing of PICs needed.You can have a look at my site to see how I have used them (MCP and ILS pages).Regards,Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg