Sign in to follow this  
Guest nauwa

New site

Guest nauwa

The "mobile sim" has it own site now.It isn't much yet, but at least a page to publish pics instead of show them on this forum.Site will grow as I have time, both with pictures and information as well as walkthrough's of how I make the stuff.Johanhttp://medlem.spray.se/novelair/

I like your idea. I too, am hoping to put my sim into a trailer to bring to airshows.Good construction techniques and skills.I noticed that you used air/oil springs on your yokes. Where did you get them and what type are they?John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest nauwa

The air/oil springs are from the manufacurer FESTO, I got almost 50 of them (in different sizes) from work. I'm working as a teamleader for the mechanics team at the local candy industry. We use a lot of those FESTO parts in our packaging mashines. When we swich them at planned overhauls most of them are still in good shape, but thrown in the garbage anyway. I'm using an electronic regulator that reads "Airspeed" and when airspeed gets higher, more pressure is added to the yokes.Johan

Guest twabi2

Looks great!I had that idea too, but not for airshows, it's meant for schools, musea, ... 1 downside: It'll be larger than allowed, so I have to request an exception...Oh, BTW, how did you do that projection? Looks like you places it inside somewhere...

Guest nauwa

The projection work as follow:The projector is standing just above the cockpitdoor, there is just enough space between the cockpitshell and the caravans roof to let the image pass throug, then it hit a large mirror in front of the cockpit and get back projected to the screen that is about 30 cm in front of the windows. Total projection distance is 2,6 meters, and that give me a screen with horizonal size of almost 2 meters. (cockpit is 1,6 meters wide) You with sharp eyes will propably notice that it seems smaller, True! I have not big mirror enough yet. Also you can see the side windows where there will be LCD monitors later.Johan