Sign in to follow this  
Guest spiliot_

RGB values for Airbus colors

Guest spiliot_

Hi guys.After looking to literally hundrends of pictures, I have designed my panels in Corel (as accurate as it can be), but I have a hard time finding the correct color for them. The panels seem to have a completely different color when viewed from different sides, under sunlight or camera flash light, etc, which is obviously normal, but doesn't help me on deciding the "true" color value.I searched the forum but couldn't find any similar post in the past. Does anyone know the RGB values of the Airbus colors?

"The panels seem to have a completely different color when viewed from different sides"And you've hit the nail on the head - really, as long as you're pretty close, it doesn't matter -Even in real life, the color of your dashboard in your car, for example, changes depending on time, sky conditions, etc.If you get images from the Airbus site (lots of cockpit photos) try getting values at different places around the panel, then average them.As soon as it's in motion with lighting, it won't matter if you're off by a small percentage.In fact, often, I use colors based on viewer perception rather than reality - a great way to try this, though it's an exaggerated example, is to take a screenshot with the sun in it, and adjust the hue so the sun looks chartreuse. I'm not kidding - http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/89477.jpg

The RGB values on screen wouldnt match the ones you get from printing anyway unless your printer and screen are calibrated etc..Unless you mix with real parts, just dont worry about it. Get a nice, grayish blue that looks good and is half-matt in finish and it will work great. If you need to paint wooden parts etc too, get something that looks nice from the paint store and try to mix something close on the screen and do test prints until you get it reasonably close. Or scan a painted piece of plywood and get the color from that. It's all approximation unless you use color profiles and have your graphics workflow properly calibrated, but you should be able to get it close enough by just experimenting too.//Tuomas

Guest spiliot_

I have calibrated my monitor and printer with semi-professional soft/hardware, plus I'll get the printing done at a professional workshop.I understand that averaging is a solution (that is what I have done so far) but was interested in something more accurate as a starting base. I don't want to go down to the 0.1% accurancy, but if one starts at 15% wrong it can go even worse given the error added by the proccess and different materials/lighting conditions.