Sign in to follow this  
Guest obk

How many monitors can FS2004 take?

Guest obk

I am running am multimonitor setup but how many monitors can FS2004 support, is it 3 or 4?Many thanksobk

Guest yoss

Hi Theoreticly as much as u like and how many pci slots available on your computerPracticly u can have some IRQ conflicts but thats your harware dependedI just managed to attach 7 monitors to single pcParhelia 128 tripple head for scenery display and 4 cheap 8m pci cards for 2d panels--had 6 attached until today

Guest obk

So there are no limits as to how many monitors FS2004 can use hardware acceleration on or I can undock windows too?

Guest yoss

Actualy there is some prob with Fs2004--not with Fs2002When your pci card are hardware accelerated you can suffer from scenery stutters so a good idea is to disable the acceleration for pci cards displaying gauges via control panel --can be more specific if you will not find how to do that ,but you dont need that for undocked 2d panels anywayI didnt noticed any difference at all so farSo leave accelerated only scenery displaying agp card And again, you can connect as many monitors as your hardware allowsThats has nothing to do with the sim-you can undock and display any 2d window on you additional monitors connected to PCI cardsJust dont try to display scenery on them as the Fps hit will be very bigHope thats helps

Guest stevelep

With some much screens your frame-rate must be down ?BOB

Guest obk

I have 4 monitors, one for my main scenery, one for the panel, one for radio stack and one for GPS. When I window FS2004 and undock the 3 panels (main, gps and radio stack) I drag them to each of the monitors. I then go back to full screen but the GPS, which is in the 4th monitor jumps back to the main monitor (which I use for scenery).Any reasons for this?Cheers[br]obklogo.gif[/img][/font][/b]

Guest yoss

No major fps hit becouse the Pci cards-but there is some minor of courseI managing to get about 15-20 fps --still very fluid -without heavy tweecking attemptsAlmoust shure thats system can be optimized to get moreHave to mention thats Parhelia is not very fast by nature as well

Guest yoss

Cant give you adviced on that as running all in windowed modeMaybe worth to try save the flight in windowed mode and then , started with the saved flight go to full screen

>With some much screens your frame-rate must be down ?>>BOBAll these "1 PC, many monitors" are with 1 scenery view and the rest are for panels. Parhelia is an exception since it basically has one output that just goes to three screens.You cannot really have multiple 3D views from one PC, that is too much for the CPU.//Tuomas

Guest stevetheplumber

Joss.Got to back you up on using multiple pci cards, I am using FS2002 Geforce 4 128meg for my main veiw, second card Matrox 32meg Quad head PCI, 5 monitors so far without problem, only undocking the GPS hits me hard, thanks to FreeFD problem solved!Joss, I want to ask you about you about your Parhelia, I have seen this working on a 1gig PC, FS2002, default scenary, default C172, this looked fantastic, however can you tell me what it is like with add on aircraft, add on scenary, also loading up AI traffic and flying in dence cloud with some rain, yes I want to push all but what is the performance like with your card?Regards Steve

Guest yoss

hi SteveSo far tha Parhelia is a pleasand surprice for meI am not pushing all slider up and some compromises are madeYou can find my settings on the link belowhttp://www.flightsim.no/cockpit/forum/view...hlight=parheliaSo far with addon aircrafts and not very overloaded addon scenerys with some clouds i still have very acsetable fps 15- 20My comp is P4 2.6ghz with 1g ramEven on the low side-- the scenery and movement are very smooth--i think Pedro did menioned that on this forum and i can confirm thatI did used 2 additional networked pc with wideview before and now i will be able to use them for Opengl gauges with widefs or the setup decribed belowSome folks using 2 networked pc with wideview One for scenery only and this one is a wideview clientSecond is for panel display only and is a wideview serverThis way you can split the workload beetween 2 computers and gain fpsYou can find some info on that on the wideview forumActualy i am gouing to try that alsow and building some swithing boxes for the monitors to be able swapp 4 of them beetwen two mashines so i could enjoy both configurations And yes Tuomas--thats correct--you can have only one display for 3D scenery views on one mashine--to have more u have to use netwoked pc with wideview--all additional can be used only for 2d panels , moving maps, gps and gaugesThe benefit is ability to have extra and enlarged panels and gauges displayedRegards

Guest stevetheplumber

Hi Joss,Thanks for the reply, I have been thinking of taking the Parhelia route for some time, I am a bit limited to use a projector due to space but I can get 3 monitors in no problem, a very interesting link you posted with helpful information.Can I ask you another question regarding your veiw, if I make a mistake in what I say the please excuse me, if I am correct, the default FS2002 veiw is slightly positoned to the left, do you use this veiw or do you centralise the veiw? Obviously flying single seat is a little more benificial having a veiw slightly to the left, however I am working on a twin yoke/pedalsetup and when I sit on the right (first officers side) it is very difficult to get my coordination right and normaly ends in some violent corrections on landing.If I am correct in the veiw angle, do you know how to alter this? I am sure I saw a posting some months ago about altering this, but after countless searching for this I cannot find!Any help will be gratefully received.Regards Steve

Guest yoss

Hi SteveI am using the fs2004 and defoult view--yea thats slightly leftBut in VC mode you can very easy to positon yourself using the eyepointmove left or right sim commandsI did assighnet joystic buttons for those two and can reposition myself on the fly Hope i got you correct and thats answers your question

Guest stevetheplumber

Hi Joss,Again thanks for the reply, nice to know I got the default (slightly to the left) veiw correct.What I am after, which I am sure I have read before (only cannot find the post)is to change the veiw from slightly left to center, this was some way of editing "a config file" that could make a veiw, 15 degrees left or to the right, 30 degrees to the left or right, and so on, thus forming a 180 degree arc with monitors using multiple PC's if requiredI would like my middle moniter (using a triple head parhelia) to be center to "the runway" for example, so if you sat on the left or right the veiw would be the same.May be someone else has seen the post I am speaking of?Regards Steve

Guest yoss

SteveD-load wideview tryal version from http://www.wideview.it/and read the attached manualThe view angle ishues covered thereIs that what you looking for?