Sign in to follow this  
Guest MattOlieman

WHO's Going To The AVSIM Conference??

Guest MattOlieman

I know this question has been asked before, but that was a long time ago. We're getting close to the conference time. I'm sure that those of us who are going to be there would like to get together. SO!!!!!Who's going to the AVSIM Conference???

Guest MattOlieman

OUCH!!!! No builders going to the Conference????What happened to that long list of builders that were going?

Guest PoRrEkE

Sorry dude, for me it's like waaaaaay to far. I could be there virtually if you let me know which airport is near :(

Guest MattOlieman

I'm SOOOOOOO glad to see the list growing. Now we've got to find a way of recognizing each other as Sim Builders. Possibly we all should wear hats with propellers on the front of them...... NOoooo, just kidding:) Seriously though... any one got an idea?

Guest captain777

Matt,I'll be there...except that UAL gave me NONE of the 777 time I was looking for and instead I get 2 hrs in a 747-400 and 1 in an A320. I shouldn't complain, but I AM building a 777!!! Suggestion - on your name tag - Write (in bold pen)"HCB - xxx" HCB = Home Cockpit Builder andwhere "xxx" is your sim type.Mine will say"HCB-777".How does that work for everyone?

Guest dbaux

>I'm SOOOOOOO glad to see the list growing. >>Now we've got to find a way of recognizing each other as Sim>Builders. Possibly we all should wear hats with propellers on>the front of them...... NOoooo, just kidding:) Seriously>though... any one got an idea?>I was thinking of lugging a photo album of my sim pics everywhere I go, but if there's lots of people, that probably won't help you stand out in a crowd.In some biz conferences I've been at, there's been a "message board" where people can post messages to one another... as in "all sim builders: meet at the pub at 1500" or something similar. Tom might be able to get something like that going, if he hasn't already.Just my $0.02.Dave Baux

"All sim builders meet at..."You know.. this is probably something we should have thought of earlier... Someone could do a presentation on 'Getting started on your Home sim" or something, then retire to another locale for those of us Convention attendees who are experienced, and those who want to start. You know, a sort of "Here's what you want to do first, here's some things to avoid", "There I was, knee-deep in a flooded basement..." =)Way back when, the only hardware players in the market were EPIC.. and now look what's happened! Maybe it's not too late? I'd be willing to draft some flyers and perhaps secure a place to meet after all the other festivities are done for the evenings... I am sure there are some new guys that would want to pick our brains... I see those questions in this forum all the time.Thoughts?

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

I didn't get my 777 time either, but I did get 767.. my second choice. (3rd was 747)I can't complain, although I did make an agreement with an A3X0 driver to be his right-seater, but I haven't heard from him!Most of the time I've ever spent in a sim has been painfully short, usually 10-15 minutes max.For those of you wishing to shoot some approaches, I suggest you bring some approach plates, with frequencies, ILS freqs, etc!I am going to try 2 hops between KSEA and KPAE... a good 10 minutes apart by 767, but is a good opportunity for me to see if 'my' sim flying matches what the sim and instructor will put me through.

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Guest MattOlieman

>Suggestion - on your name tag - Write (in bold pen)>>"HCB - xxx" >>HCB = Home Cockpit Builder and>where "xxx" is your sim type.>>Mine will say>>"HCB-777".>Works for me! :) "HCB-A340"Regarding planning.... There was some discussion several months ago, but I think it was too early to make plans. A round table discussion would be fantastic, it would definitely be a productive session, whether it's formal or informal:)

Guest dbaux

>"All sim builders meet at...">>You know.. this is probably something we should have thought>of earlier... Someone could do a presentation on 'Getting>started on your Home sim" or something, then retire to another>locale for those of us Convention attendees who are>experienced, and those who want to start. >>You know, a sort of "Here's what you want to do first, here's>some things to avoid", "There I was, knee-deep in a flooded>basement..." =)>>Way back when, the only hardware players in the market were>EPIC.. and now look what's happened! >>Maybe it's not too late? I'd be willing to draft some flyers>and perhaps secure a place to meet after all the other>festivities are done for the evenings... I am sure there are>some new guys that would want to pick our brains... I see>those questions in this forum all the time.>>Thoughts?>That sounds like a great idea! Plus, being selfish, I wouldn't mind picking y'all's brains for ideas I can use!I think Don and I will be packing a photo album and can discuss some suppliers for nifty things like projector screens, electronics and such, but to level set on expectations from us, we've done mostly cosmetic refurbishment of the 727 cockpit so far... but would love to just enjoy the company, war stories, and such!Dave & Donwww.727cockpit.com

Guest MattOlieman

Just to keep this thread alive and as a reminder......PLEASE:) Don't forget (that's so I don't forget) the belowe....>Suggestion - on your name tag - Write (in bold pen)>>"HCB - xxx" >>HCB = Home Cockpit Builder and>where "xxx" is your sim type.>>Mine will say>>"HCB-777".>Works for me, cause I'm..... "HCB-A340"I look forward to meeting all of you, and compare notes:)