Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevelep

Easiest way to wire 7-segments displays

Guest stevelep

What's your experience about wiring 7-segments Display ?I've FSBUS and have to wire the 5 7-segment. Joining the different segment together to the cable.That's quite difficult. The easiest way would be to make own PCB ...But I've tried with special vero-wire with the isolate who get wawy by about 400

Guest perchas

Hi Bob,I have a gift for you, four PCB

Guest PoRrEkE

Yeah cool and nice but whatever .. not my kind of 7 segments ...It would be VERY neet if someone would focus on making PCB's for these things. And make different version PCB's per different size / brand display.

Guest stevelep

Gracias Raphael but if they are mirrored it will be difficult to sold the led on the PCB ...BOB

Guest stevelep

Nice work I will try it do you just go thru the cable with and needle and sold the top of the pin ?BOB

>Nice work I will try it do you just go thru the cable with>and needle and sold the top of the pin ?>>>BOBNo, it was done by cutting the insulation around the wire, then pullin it a bit apart to get a gap, then doing the same for the next soldering spot. Insane, but a friend was very handy wiht that stuff, I didnt do it myself.//Tuomas

Guest Binkles

I'm trying to wire this part up now, but I can't work out what pins are going to what wires etc.Are you able to provide this information - I posted a message asking if anyone had made a pcb, or at least a schematic but I've had no replies.Would really love to get a display working - Espeically as it's a bit pointless building something without them

Guest PoRrEkE

I have designed 3 types of PCB's for the Kingsbright 10mm displays.These PCB's are made such that it is easy to wire all numbers that are static loose from your interface. So e.g. you will power the leds from the leading "1" from the com, nav etc directly from a 5V power source with resistor and trimmer.I have a design for the COM & NAV & ADF which is 1 print with 10 segments on it. So both active & standby on 1 print.Then for the Autopilot I have 1 with the 2 rightmost digits loose from the interface (so hard wired to show "0")And I have one for the XPDR.If anyone can make these .. that would be awesome.I need 1 XPDR-type, 1 AP-Alt-type and 6 of those double radio-types.If anyone is interested in the designs I made with Eagle .. feel free to let me know.