Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

Use LCD's for displays .. who's interested ?

Guest PoRrEkE

Beta Innovation from Leo Lacava is looking into the posibility of wiring LCD's to a 128 output version of his ElectronFlux - USB Module.I'd like to know how many people would be interested.Keeping in mind that character size of those LCD's is smaler than the usual 7-segment displays (which is in fact more realistic for most planes). Wiring these LCD's is very simple. Just solder a 14 pin male connector to the LCD and then you're ok with flatcables. Another advantage might be that it can show many other characters than a 7-segment. And not least imporant: for $ 9,95 you have one 8*2 display which is enough for your NAV radio (both active & standby freq.) Dito for COM and ADF. Then for the xpdr and glare displays you can mask them to the size you need.I am very curious to know what the price could be of such an interface and I am very interested. I feel that my current segments are to big and don't look real at all. The decimal point is to close to the integer value so that you almost see 11495 instead of 114.95Let us know ! The more people interested, the sooner we might have the interface !

Guest PoRrEkE

No one ?Ok then a request. Do you know someone that is building a desktop module using a keyboard encoder or a Hagstrom ?Those people seem to chose not to build an FSbus or IOcards or Photon. Those people might be interested.Maybe you could ask them for me ?Cuz if there is not 6 to 7 people interested in this project then I won't get one either :(

Guest MattOlieman

I'm interested in knowing more about it Phillip. Send me an email. I'm in the midst of changing displays type.

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok forlk, so we are 3 now !We need 3 more.Let sum up some more advantages:1) an LCD can show other characters than numericthis means that if you use e.g. 15 LCD's to show numbers like nav, com, xpdr, etc etc .. you can also wire up 10 other LCD's. Perhaps bigger ones like 4*20 or 4*40 and show ANY type of data on those.this could be very handy because it could enable you to reserve a space in your sim to show data that we could find interesting that is not seen in the real cockpits.like FPS, outside temp, wind (dir/speed/gust), etc etc.shortly said .. anything you can get out of fsuipc could be shown with text as index so that you know what number is what.

Guest fullington99

Hi - is this the version of electron flux he is taking pre-orders for on his site? Leo's products are first rate and his support is excellent. (I own gammaray64 and plasmav2).

Guest PoRrEkE

Yap indeed.First he planed on making a separate model for this LCD thing but now he said he will just make a standard model for all.So no more need do find other folks :)Good news for me cuz now I am sure I will get it :)