Sign in to follow this  
Guest mbessler

How about a FSBus FAQ in the Wiki

Guest mbessler

Since here and in other Forums lots of recurring FSBus questions get asked again and again, how about creating a FAQ in the Simbuilders Wiki?http://wiki.varxec.netI'm not a FSBus user, the idea of a FSBus FAQ just occurred to me...Manuel

Guest PoRrEkE

That's a bit a pain indeed you mention Manuel.The ideal scenario would be:I ask a question. People post sollutions which I try. In the end I will get the perfect answer to my question and will be happy... ?Wrong .. now to be ideal I would have to go to the wiki and post there what I have learned so that the next person in that situation can read all about it there.It seems that not so many people use the wiki. Maybe many people do read it (for that we would need a nedstat to check) but obviously not that many people add to the content. Which is sad because if we don't do it, same questions will be asked over & over again.So would it be our job then to go read old threads here and see if the initial question has an answer in that thread and write something about that in the wiki ? That sounds like a lot of work.It would be much more easy if all builders would show discipline to post whatever they learned in the wiki.But an FAQ would be a good plan indeed .. however, I am kinda afraid that we will have to write the entire thing again :(I just hope that people actually use this thing so that we are not typing all the things we have already covered for nothing...

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

I for one use it, and will at some point in the future be adding stuff to it - LOTS of stuff regarding some of the more obscure stuff... All to be revealed ;)In the meantime I just read it every now and again to see what's been added, and possibly make use of the info shared.