Sign in to follow this  
Guest alfaserv

Lear 45 Cockpit Dimensions

Guest alfaserv

Is there anyone here who ownes or has access to cockpit drawings/photos/dimensions of the Lear 45? I am particularly interested in the dimensions of the cockpit interior and placement of the instruments, also on left and right side of the pilot and co-pilot. I am researching the possibility to build a life-like Lear 45 replica cockpit for use with FS2004. Hope anyone can help...Thanks in advance, Jack

Guest mgdaviso

try looking atwww.airliners.net for cockpit photosand trywww.bombardier.com for pdf's that show the cabin measurments.I am building a Global Express cockput and have guessed a lot of it.

Guest alfaserv

Hi,I have already collected a lot of photographs, but the problem is that most of the lettering from knobs and switches is not readable even when zoomed and enhanced. I was able to retrieve the dimensions of the Honeywell Primus displays used in the Lear, which are 7 by 8 inches. However, I do not know if this is with or without the surrounding faceplates.....So far this is all I was able to retrieve, and by calculating the Primus Dimensions I came up with a Panel width of 1m55, but this might be very wrong. I now have printed out a photo in what I believe is "true size" and that gives me a lot to work with (if correct).What I really would like is for someone to confirm the panel dimensions, measured at the bottom of the panel From that I will probably be able to calculate the rest.Also I need to find the location of the APU starter switch. I cannot find anything even remotely looking like it on any of my photo's.I am afraid the chances of finding a Lear 45 in The Netherlands, which is where I live, are very slim. There are no company's here operating the Lear 45. And since I have no eyes and ears in the aviation world, the chances of finding a foreign one at one of the Dutch airports are practically zilch, let alone trying to get the pilots to let me take a few pictures of the cockpit, and fiddling around with my tape measure...... Mailing Bombardier gave no results either: they redirected me to their website, which has NO dimensions for the cockpit, only for the passengers compartment.I am starting to get a little desperate about ever finding the data I need.......If there is anyone around with access to this data, PLEASE help me out! It will be greatly appreciated !!JackP.s.: mgdaviso, succes with building your Global Express flightdeck....