Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robid

Help needed with Flaps switch for FSBus

Guest Robid

I have made a flap switch using 2 microswitches. If you move the lever up, it presses one and if you move the lever down, it depresses the other one.I am using FSBus and have these two switches connected to FSKey.How do I get stages of flap (F6 F7) using this setup. At the moment I only have full flap up or down.I have tried the Keyboard/Mouse object to emulate F6 and F7 keypresses with no luck.Is it also possible to get proportional flaps ie: the longer you hold the lever down, the further the flaps move until you release the lever?One last question, when you set the destination in FSBus router, what is the difference between : Flaps and Flaps(+)Thanks for your help.David

Guest stevelep

Programm you switch like 2 toggle one for flaps up second for flaps downuse flap+ to add a value to the flaps valuethis make flaps going down step by stepFor up you just set a negativ value to you second toggle switch BOB

Guest Robid

Ok, here's what I've done so far (thanks to Tuomas' advice)I have created key object, entered in the sequence K+VK_F7;d50;K-VK_F7 for on action and repeated it for off action. (Called it Key_f7 & f6 as suggested)I then created switch and made the destination fsbus object Key f7 and the other one key f6. Called them Flapup and Flapdown respectively)When I move the switch, I get an action in the switch and in the key object but nothing happens in flight sim.I tried FSInterrogate to locate what was changing but that only confused me more.Any ideas?David

Guest Erups

>I have made a flap switch using 2 microswitches. If you move>the lever up, it presses one and if you move the lever down,>it depresses the other one.>>I am using FSBus and have these two switches connected to>FSKey.>>How do I get stages of flap (F6 F7) using this setup. At the>moment I only have full flap up or down.The total flap range is 16383.You divide this by the number of flap positions (ie 5 flap positions, means an increment of 3277).You use this value for one button, and the opposite for the other button.Then assign both buttons to operate on the object Standard/Aircraft Control/Flaps.This way each time you press one of the buttons you get one more or one less flap position.Remember to use the minus (-) before the value in the switch that pulls the flaps up.

I miss one thing. You have to set the destination of the keyobject to fs. Click right in the destination window of the keyevent and select whatever you want the switch to do (IN fs not in fsbus in this case)so:pull a switch -> destination keyeventkeyevent -> destination FSNorbert

Guest Robid

Hi Norbert,Key/Mouse object doesn't have a destination window as the switch or any of the other objects have. It only has 'On sequence' and 'Off sequence'David

Guest Robid

Claudio,It's taken a while to get back with the results of your suggestion.First of all, your suggestion is right. You do not need to make key object or any of that complicated stuff, it's just a simple switch, devide the total range by how many flap position there are, then duplicate for flap up but add '-' values. For flight sim destination, use Flap(+).I have stated the obvious here for anyone who has the same question, finds the thread but there is no final answer as to what worked because the person with the problem didn't finish the story.Thanks allDavidPS There will be lots more questions as I progress through the building stage.