Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptnKebec

FS2004 screen resolution

Guest CaptnKebec

Hi folks,Has I said in a earlier thread, I just got a old projector.It works well except that it is a 640x480 resolution, I can force Windows Xp to work in 640 x 480 resolution and use FS2004 in window mode, but I get all those borders and since my second screen must be align in the holes of my panels, I have to play with windows position to get it right.In FS2004 settings I don't see a 640x480 resolution where I could use to sim with in full screen mode.Is that resolution no longer supported or is there some "trick" I could do to make it appears.Thanks

Guest CaptnKebec

Anyone have any clues about this???I would really like to use FS2004 in full screen mode with my projector.

Guest yoss

Hi I dont know if thats what you looking for but search in Avsim lib pic_fs9.zipThere is an explanation how to do borderless undocked windows--ignore all PIC 767 related items described thereAs well try to save your flight after adjustments and start next session with the saved flightHope thats will help you somehowRegards

Guest Erups

640x480 is an unsupported resolution under Windows XP.Maybe you can get to it, by doing thisright click on a clean part of the desktop and select propertiesgo to the "settings" tab and select "advanced"go to the "monitor" tab, and uncheck "hide modes that this monitor cannot display"Maybe by doing this you'll be able to select 640x480.And maybe there are tricks to force XP to use that resolution, but i do not know them.

Guest CaptnKebec

Thanks,but I already knew how to force XP in 640 x 480, what I don't know is how to make FS2004 show that resolution. When I go to settings, display I see only 800x600 and 1024x768, even if my XP is on 640x480.

Guest Erups

If i do what i told you (unhide unsupported modes, from the display settings panel), FS usually shows every mode it supports, even 320x200 or something as weird ;)

Guest CaptnKebec

Hi,I've tried the monitors settings and the adapter settings.I can force Xp to work in 640x480 by doing this, but when I run FS the display switch to 800x600 and the 640x480 resolution doesn't appear in the hardware tab of the settings.When I switch FS to window mode instead of full screen, the display switch back to 640x480 and I can use my projector, but now I've got those anoying borders and I have to adjust my gauges monitor to fit in the mask I build.