Sign in to follow this  
FLYINGJB

Using FSBUS AD with Pots for Trims ?

Hi all...does anyone know if FSBUS has been updated to allow the use of pots for trim on FSAD...I had wired mine up about 4 months ago but the problem is that when I turned trim wheel one way or another the trim on the plane only went on way...Any thoughts or help much appreciated ? Many thanks...JB

>Hi all...does anyone know if FSBUS has been updated to allow>the use of pots for trim on FSAD...I had wired mine up about 4>months ago but the problem is that when I turned trim wheel>one way or another the trim on the plane only went on way...>>Any thoughts or help much appreciated ? Many thanks...JBYou are better off using a rotary for trim, and a servo (or FS gauge) as the trim indicator.If you use a pot, and you intend to use autopilot, it is not going to work since autopilot adjusts trim. Unless you motorize the trim wheel to turn accordingly, your pot will be off sync. This will make things crazy.Using a rotary has no "position" - you can just make it "plus/minus" the trim instead.//Tuomas

Thanks Tuomas:I will use 12 position switches. Could you tell me how to wire these up so I can make the trims work in FSKey. I have wired the 12pos switch like they show you on FSBUs page for my radio's...would I wire the same for the trim function ?Many thanks for your help...JB

Guest Binkles

Not having tried it, but yes, I would say it's wired the same way.Has anyone taken out the springs of a rotary to make the trim idea smoother?I made one (unintentionally) with one bearing as one went AWOL in the garage and I thought it felt nicer.

Guest Erups

>Hi all...does anyone know if FSBUS has been updated to allow>the use of pots for trim on FSAD...I had wired mine up about 4>months ago but the problem is that when I turned trim wheel>one way or another the trim on the plane only went on way...I'm afraid no :(It's a bug, and there is no new version since april.