Sign in to follow this  
Guest Binkles

Problems

Guest Binkles

With FSBUS again.Tonight I thought I would tidy things up and post where I'm at - and what's holding me up.Firstly - FSBUS - I've made the Display, Key and Com board, I can flash the PICs easier than eating a banana.With the keyboard - I had it working, testing a rotary, a toggle, a switch but for some reason I can no longer get any switches working, when I close the switch and check with the multimeter I get a connection.Keyboard CID - 1DisplayAfter scrapping my previous 88888 board, I used a different vero board (hoping to buy an etching kit in the next few days - thinking of going photo type as I've got the light etc) and got the - which is normal when you first connect, or reset.Run the display test and it flickers - but the display stays at -Display Board CID - 2I've looked and looked for short circuits, broken lines etc, and having no joy.I've tested them both on router 1.3 and 2.2.0.1 I think it is.

Guest stevelep

Are you sure that in option menu the COM is set to the rightchannel ?By me it's COM2 but some time it loose the preference and reset to COM1, I've pass 2 day to recheck my modules ... :-) beforeunderstanding the probs ...Good luckBOB

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

First of all, the Keyboard CID must be zero (0). There is a bug in FSBUS and it saves it as 1. You have to save it and then open the file you saved (*.fbp) and find the corresponding keyboard entry.Then change the 3rd value in the row (comma seperated) to 0, its the CID.Not sure if it's the third value though... Make a search in this forum with 'keyboard' keyword. It has been discussed a few times.Second. Use CIDs 1-5 for input (Key,AD etc) and CIDs > 5 for output.So a CID of 2 for a display won't work. Try 9 or higher.George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest Binkles

I am currently just using the test keyboard matrix option, and it was working fine - but just last night - it stopped, it won't read a single key anymore.When I first built it - I was also able to use it in FS without changing anything.Will try the display idea later on today.i really want to get the keys working first, as I'm off to simhardware tonight for their monthly open night.

Guest Binkles

Ok, I tried changing the CID of the display to 9 and no change, someone suggested at some point to rotate the cable, and that didn't work either.At a dead end :(

>Ok, I tried changing the CID of the display to 9 and no>change, someone suggested at some point to rotate the cable,>and that didn't work either.>>At a dead end :(If it suddenly stops working, try reflashing the PIC.//Tuomas