Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alkit

Very basic: Toggle connection to PC

Guest Alkit

Hello everyone,I am a very beginner in doing SIM. I have some 2 position toggles (from real panel) which I want to connect to the PC for FS2K4. The first function I want to do is light switch. Just On and Off. I know this should be a stupid question to many fellow here. But to me.....er......I really know nothing about it.Would anyone suggest all types of method to doing this?EPIC, Keyboard encoder....etc give a short comment of advantage and disadvantage of each method?Does any tutorial (link) which teach very beginner simmer for very basic toggle connection?Thank you for your attention.Best regards,Alkit

Guest twabi2

You indeed have different methods:EPIC => Expensive, hard too learn, oldHagstr

Guest FlashFly

I think you should be able to make this work by using an old game conroller and using its wires and interface. I've done this and used a toggle switch to control the landing gear. I used an old joypad that connects to the gameport (check your pc has one).Can't find the link, but I got inspiration from a guy who made his own rudder pedals with toebrakes.

Guest Alkit

Hello twabi2 and Flashfly,Thank you very much for both info. I am planning to connect 15-20 functions by toggle or button inputs. So I cannot use the gamepad converting method.twabi2, your site is an good reference for me to make decision! I will look into the other method's technical info. I need to choose the easiest one.More questions will come.Thank you.Alkit