Sign in to follow this  
Guest nauwa

Making panels

Guest nauwa

I have spent this weekend all hours in the workshop making panels for my cockpit. I'm really satisfied with the result and looking forward to hook them up with FSBUS, only some switches and knobs missing now,More info available on my websitehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/91701.jpg

Those look very good!I have a question about your flight controls btw.http://medlem.spray.se/novelair/images/Dscf0005.jpgWhat is the horizontal thing there that is connected to your aileron axis? Some kind of a two-way hydraulic dampener or electronic thing?Also, what type are the rotaries you used for your concentric ones, those look interesting too. Did they have the hole in them already, or did you drill them yourself?Best,//Tuomas

Guest nauwa

Hi,The thing on the aileron axis is a two-way pneumatic dampener from FESTO, via an electronic regulator it add pressured air on both sides of the piston to let me controll loading on the flightcontrols. It will be connected to airspeed. Same is on elevator as well but with two pistons as seen on same picture.The rotaries I use is ELFA nr: 35-847-60, I dissembled it easy, mount the shaft in the lathe and drilled a 2mm hole through. When assebled again, I drilled through the hole in shaft and down through the backplate. The other one is drilled same way with 1.8mm but only the shaft and not the backplate. The 2mm shaft that pass through, is press fit in the 1.8mm hole.Hope you understand.

>Hi,>>The thing on the aileron axis is a two-way pneumatic dampener>from FESTO, via an electronic regulator it add pressured air>on both sides of the piston to let me controll loading on the>flightcontrols. It will be connected to airspeed. Same is on>elevator as well but with two pistons as seen on same>picture.OK.Where? How much? Tell me more! :-)Thank you very much for the reply.//Tuomas

Guest jan737

Looks great.Did you made your cnc milling machine by yourself?What kind of cad program do you use?I'm looking for those so that I can made my own panels, any feedback will be useful.Kind regardsJan Geurtsen.

Guest nauwa

Where? - I got a lot of them from the scrapyard at my work, they are used in our packaging machines, and are switched to new ones every year.How much? - Don't know what they cost new, but I think they are about 50-100 Euro, depending on size.

Guest nauwa

The CNC mill is homemade, but I bought it from a guy that constructed and built it, price was $1000, about the cost of making one.It is controlled byt the LPT port from a P166 laptop. The mill program is a freeware DOS program called Stepster.Any CAD program that can save .dxf files will do, the mill program reads G-code. A freeware program called ACE make the conversion from .dxf to G-code

>Where? - I got a lot of them from the scrapyard at my work,>they are used in our packaging machines, and are switched to>new ones every year.>>How much? - Don't know what they cost new, but I think they>are about 50-100 Euro, depending on size.>>Yeah ok. So you will be adding a compressor and valves for it too? Or is it a self-contained unit that just needs electronics?//Tuomas

Guest nauwa

I will add a compressor and connect the electronic regulator valve that reads airspeed value from FSUIPC, the regulator will adjust air pressure to the pneumatic pistons and provide variable control load on flightcontrols.