Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

The time is now...

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

With the release of the new 767 by LevelD (aka PIC Team) closing in like a TCAS target, and the upcomming DreamFleet 727, PMDG 744, CaptSim 757 etc, maybe now it's the best time for use small cockpit builders to put some pressure on the companies to support FSBUS, IOCards and the other freeware hardware components.It's so easy for them to do as to put a read/write to the default FS values...Most of them claim that we are only a few. They don't realize that the growth of small cockpit builders is rapid and more would follow if they could fly their favorite aircraft by their hardware!Just thinking out loud here. Comments?George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest yoss

Hello GeorgeI realy dont know how much pressure we can apply , but the good thing is thats the B767 level D developers already responding on PICforum so perhaps is a good idea to begin ask questions about their intention to support freeware harware Their responce or lack of that will help me to deside if wait for this product or begin to save money for PM software,even not so exited about that I,ve alredy invested a lot of time, efforts and money to build hardware interface, so decided not spend any money for another mouse clickable computer game like PMDG or Ariane anymore

Guest Stephan Haas

George,At present, most of the PICv1 instrumentation can be reached by keyboard commands. So any interface capable of generating keyboard commands is already working.Wade Chafe (one of the PICv2 developers) has already acknowlegded (one year ago) that in PICv2 it will be possible to read the PIC-internal variables. Not sure if this means that they can also be written.Anyhow, PIC is my machine to go, so I have my hopes on the upcoming version 2.Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

Guest PoRrEkE

If you take a stand .. forward them the url to the registry.They can see there how many we are, what types we fly.And if they check again in a few months they will notice that there have been like 30 people more added.I think it's the best way to show how many we are.

Guest PoRrEkE

If you take a stand .. forward them the url to the registry.They can see there how many we are, what types we fly.And if they check again in a few months they will notice that there have been like 30 people more added.I think it's the best way to show how many we are.

Guest yoss

Are u kidding Philippe?Nobody should see that:-)

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi Stephan.I agree, there are keyboard shortcuts for most of the functions, but the problem is that you are never sure if FS received all your commands!I mean, you rotate the rotary to change the heading. You direct the pulses to the keystrokes and the relative fsbus display. There you end up for example from 350 to 030. How can you be sure PIC (or PMDG or PSS) took all the keystrokes? What if they missed a few due to the 150ms delay it is required between each keystroke?The only solution would be to look on the panel mcp and make the change there to syncronize the panel with FSBUS. That's not the point. You are missing the whole goal if you do that.Know what I mean?Keystrokes are fine up to a point. It would be much more elegant and faster to just provide a few i/o offsets of even simpler just update and read the default FS variables but without using the autopilot!For example, you engage the a/p from the hardware. This will turn on the FS autopilot, but as soon as the panel recognizes the input, it would reset the default FS autopilot and turn on it's own.There are a lot of solutions. The problem is that many think that it's not worth to make it.From what Wade and Laurent said in prior posts LevelD767 will support 'talking' to the panel. I really hope this is the case.If it will work with FSBUS, I'm prepared to get rid of the NG panels I made and re-build them as 757/767!!!!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

That's a good idea.Unfortunately I can't put any pressure alone.We have to be together on this. Post frequent threads on the subject to all their forums and make them understand that we are a good number of possible customers.On my part, I'll try my best to convince PMDG to make the 744 support hardware, as I did with the FMC/CDU mode keystrokes (thank Lefteris for that).George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg