Sign in to follow this  
Guest iFLYrc

Rudder Pedals

Guest iFLYrc

I didn't see any place else to post this query so I thought I would try this forum. I just upgraded to the new USB Flight Yoke and Rudder Pedals from CH Products. I really like the new yoke. However, this is my first experience with rudder pedals. They seem very sensitive as I over steer on the ground and in the air. Is there any way to reduce the sensitivity. Can you modify the MDL or air files to reduce sensitivity?I am running FS9 in Windows XP.Thanks,Vic

Guest nauwa

If you have FSUIPC (registered version) you can use the "slope" function on rudder axis, this will let you adjust sensivity around the normal movement of pedals, and still get full deflection at end of pedal travel so you can turn on apron, if you just change sensivity the problem will be that you can't turn around at apron or rwy.

The CH Software that came with the rudders allows you to adjust the gain settings. John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

Guest iFLYrc

John, the new USB rudders are plug and play and do not come with ANY software. I will look through the box again, but I did not see anything other than a small instruction book and the pedals. Being a USB device, you just plug it in, allow windows to detect new hardware, and you are done.Let me know if you got some software with your new USB pedals.UPDATE: I looked on the CH web site and found a downloadable program called "Control Manager". I will install it tonite to see if if has any controls for the redder pedals.

Guest iFLYrc

The "slope" function is exactly what I am looking for. I fly RC model airplanes and my transmitter has a function called "exponential" that does the same thing. Is this function available in the unregistered version of FSUIPC?

That is the program of which, I was thinking.John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

Guest iFLYrc

After installation, I had to re assign the controls in FS9 but I can now adjust the sensitivity and null band under the Controls pull down menu in FS9.