Sign in to follow this  
Guest nauwa

FSBUS display help needed

Guest nauwa

Hi,I have just made my FSBUS components, everything seems to work OK exept for the display. I have the numers showing, but I dont have the last digit. When it should show 122.35, it only show 123.3, each numer on right place, but the last is not showing anything (complete dark). Same is on display test, it counts as it should but no last digit. It is the same on all displays.I think I have read something about similar on this forum, but i cant find it now when I'm searching.

Guest Erups

The first FSDISP i realized, i bought the 7segs from a local electronic shop.Everything worked fine.Some time ago, in prevision of my building of the mcp, i made an order on an online site, for a decent set of 7segs, more light for less power (more efficient).Now when i tried these 7segs, last digit never displayed.With the old ones everything is fine.I let it up, as i didn't have time to investigate at the moment, so i don't have a solution for you.Just that you're not going mad :)

Guest nauwa

Well it was not a solution, but as you said, I'm not alone and will not be mad. I'll try with other type of 7segs and see what happens.Thanks

Guest jmi

I quess that there is simply some cut on board folio on somethere.Check, check and recheck PCBs- J

Guest nauwa

It was very late night yesterday, did check, check again, but will make another try today when I'm more awake.

Guest Spyy

Hi,I have the same problem here, do you use Common Anode or Common Cathode 7 SEG LEDS ? I used CC everything was OK then I switched to CA then the problem occured. I send Dirk an email concerning this....ByeTorsten

Guest Erups

>Hi,>>I have the same problem here, do you use Common Anode or>Common Cathode 7 SEG LEDS ? I used CC everything was OK then I>switched to CA then the problem occured. I send Dirk an email>concerning this....Now that you bring this out, i think that when i had the problem i had changed display type: cause the new ones were a different type then the old ones.And when i flashed back, everything worked again.So maybe there is a bug in the CA mode?

Guest nauwa

Thanks for the information,I have sent a mail to Dirk, to ask him if there might be a bug within FSBUS display in CA mode, I will buy a few CC segments to try with, the problem is that the ones I want only is available as CA.

Guest nauwa

Thanks for the information,I have sent a mail to Dirk, to ask him if there might be a bug within FSBUS display in CA mode, I will buy a few CC segments to try with, the problem is that the ones I want only is available as CA.

Guest Wayne Laycock

I am having the same problem with my display. The last digit does not work. I have also contacted Dirk but he has been too busy yet to be able to look at the problem. Has anyone been able to work a solution.Wayne LaycockAustralia