Sign in to follow this  
Guest sri777

size of 7 segment displays for 777

Guest sri777

Hi anyone know what is the correct size (height) of 7 segment displays used in the MCP of B777. Also wondering what color they are? thankssrini

The 777 uses LCD's for the MCP. The colour is white. Size wise Im not sure but I would say with the dark display bezel in place a 7.6mm 7 segment display would be pretty close. You can get those in white also.Gary

Guest sri777

sorry for the ignorance. What do you mean by display bezel?Also, where can i find white displays? I did not see them at mouser. Can you tell me where to find them?thankssrini

Guest Woof

>sorry for the ignorance. What do you mean by display bezel?>if you look closely at an mcp (777 or the newer type 737), you'll see that there is an angled 'frame' around the 7 seg displays. It also looks like they are single lcd displays rather than individual characters.You can find white 7 seg LED's nowadays (although they are MUCH more expensive than other colours), but I've yet to find a suitable white LCD version.Would love for someone who knows to post a link to a site selling suitable ones.CheersChris

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

I think the word you're after is bevel :)

Guest cwbalmer

When illuminated they do appear green too....look on airliners.net to see what I mean.

Nope, Bezel is the correct name for the shroud that sits around the outside of lcd's, but how does the bevel edged display bezel sound? :)oops forgot. The white 7 segment displays can be bought online at farnell. www.farnell.com They come in 7.6mm and 10mm in CA or CC.Gary

Guest Woof

Hi Gary,I searched Farnell as I use them for other stuff but couldn't find white LCD 7 segs (no probs finding white LED's).Do you know a partcode?CheersChris

Hi Chris,If you do a search for display white it should bring you up on the page for the white 7 segement displays. 3665422 is the order code for the 7.6mm CC type which I have.Ive been trying to find suitable white character LCD display's as well and although simspares had quit a few real 777 ones a while back, trying to get real aircraft stuff like that to work with our interfaces is near impossible for most of us with only basic electronic skills, which is why Ive gone with the white 7 seg displays. I will be posting shots of the results shortly.Gary

Guest sri777

Thank you all.So wondering what you use for these bezels in your sim? Are those face plates available somewhere?The ones sold by Farnell are very expensive (each close to $9). Luckily (thanks to google), I have located only other manufacturer in India(!!!) and got today a quote back. They quoted me around $3.5 when i told them that i need only a few for my sim. They might give a better price if ordered in bulk. Here is the link: http://www.kwalityindia.com/0.3%20SINGLE%2...IT%20(MINI).PDFI am going to order mine soon..

Guest Woof

Hi Gary,Those were the ones I'd seen - LED rather than LCD. I might well go down this route in the short term (although at about