Sign in to follow this  
drek2

Multi-Monitor Madness

I'm running the ATI Radeon 9800 128MB and two NVIDI PCI cards in a 3-monitor setup. I use the Radeon for my main instrument panel view and use the two other PCI cards and monitors for overhead, throttle, FMC, etc.The ATI Radeon card I'm running has a secondary adapter on it in which you can plug in another monitor. I do not use this (for obvious performance reasons).However, every time I boot up, one of my screens for Monitors 2&3 comes up blank since the secondary adapter is trying to find a monitor attached to it. I have tried disabling the secondary ATI adapter but the problem still persists. My only rememdy is to delete the secondary adapter on the System/Hardware/Video adapters panel, reboot, and then the PCI card gets loaded to its appropriate monitor. I usually have to repeat this process twice for each boot up (once for each PCI card). Ultimately, I get it to do what I want, but it's tedious.Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on fixing this?Thanks.Pete in KORD

Guest bowingic

Hi PeteI have a similar setup....ATI Radeon Pro, two Nvidia TNT2's. I don't have this problem....when you say you disable the secondary ATI adaptor where are you doing this? I now actually use the secondary display video output to a B&W TV for my PIC767 FMC CDU but before this I had no problems with just the 3 monitors.