Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

How to setup a Parhelia ?

Guest PoRrEkE

I've got a 124mb Parhelia here for a test period. If I like it, I pay 250 euro, if I don't, I return the card.At the moment I have the thing installed with the latest drivers from the website.Running with FS9 I get all wierd images most of the time.Anyone knows what is going wrong ?

Guest deltaflight

Hi Phil,Are you experiencing flashing artifacts all over the screen with the latest drivers? If so, I was as well. I then re-installed the previous driver set and all is well.Mike

Guest PoRrEkE

Roger, tnx.I will give it a try.Are those the beta drivers then that you chose ?

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok, those drivers work fine now.I had an idea now:use my P4 3.2 with the parhelia and 3 outside viewsinterface my cockpit to the Celeron 500 and run FS on that one as the main FS with 2 panel views on GF2 and PCI cardlink the P4 to the celeron via wideview.will this work ? and what about FPS ?

Guest yoss

Thats will work and you can find some info on Wideview forumAs to fps--on you scenery pc--thats will be dependant from scenery parameters settings and Ai traffic mainly, and your harware capability of courseYou will have to try and see

Guest Faro

Hi Phil,I have tested the parhelia also, on initial setup you have to install the full cd software, included with the card, not only the driver, that's the reason for your strange images. After that you can download the latest drivers.als het niet lukt, stuur mij maar een mailtje.Groeten,Marnix

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok so I can expect same FPS as I have now with nothing but outside view on 3 monitors wired to that P4 ?Wideview doesn't take anything ?If not than that seems like a solid way to go for the future.I have 2 17" displays that I get for free with the Parhelia so I heard yesterday. :)

Guest PoRrEkE

(ep ni cd g'et me kaart)Didn't get no cd .. just card + split wire & DVI plugs.

Hi Philippe...Do you, or anyone know, if you can run an LCD projector for main front view and 2 monitors for side viewd off 1 Parhelia ?Many thanks...JB

Guest PoRrEkE

haha, that's sort of the idea that crossed my mind.the trick with this, so that it comes to mind, is that the side windows are rather small enough to put 1 monitor in them. the front windows would require a big TV :( (or a projector).on the other hand there will be a lot of difference between colors & quality of the image etc. I think it would feel rather weird .. a monitor is no projection screen.But I believe it is possible.

Guest PoRrEkE

haha, that's sort of the idea that crossed my mind.the trick with this, so that it comes to mind, is that the side windows are rather small enough to put 1 monitor in them. the front windows would require a big TV :( (or a projector).on the other hand there will be a lot of difference between colors & quality of the image etc. I think it would feel rather weird .. a monitor is no projection screen.But I believe it is possible.

BTW Philipe, which FPS do you get and what is your total resolution (3 screens addition) ?Does it gives you the feeling that parhelia card is "on the knees" in any way ?Im supposed to change my radeon 9700 to a parhelia. Just wondering.-Jerome COVINI

Guest PoRrEkE

Hmmz .. haven't done actual real flight tests.Have got my Photon at my dorm to start testing with the LCD as soon as I find the time.So sim at home is not much fun at the moment.But I get relatively reasonable FPS I think (note that I do not use a lot of addons and fly F50 only.)I still have to do the update from FS9 and check what the result is.All I did from tests up to now are pure window positioning and config settings.