Sign in to follow this  
Guest bluepilot

FSBUS Key CID 4

Guest bluepilot

Hi all,If I can disturb your flying/soldering activities for a second....Is it possible to have key controllers CID 1,2,3,4?1,2,3 work fine, adding 4 precipitates more drama than trying to get into shape the day before an aviation medical exam.I have found old threads dealing with this issue, but no clarity has emerged as to why this "funny" exists.Is there a solution? RegardsBrendonPS: See my recent post on "Rotaries missing beats" for the full sad story. I elected to repost under a title nearer the point.

Guest Erups

You say you have cids 1 trough 11 used, did you try cid 12 instead of 4?

Guest bluepilot

A sensible suggestion, but I recall a thread with advice from Dirk that input devices should be placed 1 through 7.CIDs in use as follows:1,2,3 KEY4 planned for AD - presently using quadrant fashioned from hacked USB joysticks - bad stuff is bound to happen when I get this in place!5,6,7,8,9,10 DISPLAY11,12,13,14,15,16 DISPLAY17,18,19,20,21,22 DISPLAY23,24,25,26,27,28 DISPLAY29,30,31 LEDThe odd thing is, the other night I tried CID 5 for the fourth KEY board and it works perfectly (yes with DISPLAY on CID 5 as well :)). So now two questions are raised:1) What's up with CID 4? I went back in time and found some old unresolved threads on this one.2) Does that fact that one use is input (KEY) and the other (DISPLAY) permit the "sharing" of a CID?Perhaps I should thank my lucky stars and move on, but it's always nice to know why stuff works.RegardsBrendon

Guest stevelep

>that input devices should be placed 1 through 7.That's true.But the number of key inputs is limited to 3 CID 1,2,3 ...Adding of 4th will cause fluidity problemsAnother way is to use a second FSCOM in another PC linkedBOB