Sign in to follow this  
Guest Binkles

OMG - It works

Guest Binkles

Ok, to some out there, it's not going to be all that great, but after all the disappointment of things not working, I finally got my display board on FSBus working, hooked up and got the heading working on the display.Boy was I rapt.What I think this means, is there is something wrong with my Key board as the switches etc aren't working, and it's obvious that the Com3 board is working.As a side note - both of these boards (display & the board with the 7 segments) were homemade over the weekend.That's right - I was the one who was saying how hard they were - well I'm doing a complete 180 turn - and saying it's easy.My problems were I had the etchent too hot, and leaving the board in the etchent too long.Will let you know how I get on with the key card in the next couple of days.

Guest PANTU

Hi,all I can tell is that FSBus is "Foolproof" as long as there is no short circuit or interruption of the wiring on your board. Components of course have to be placed correctly and well soldered.I have to admit though that the wires at some places are very thin and /or very close to each other.I

Guest Binkles

I built a new key board and it still wasn't working - replaced the 4051 and it now works!!!!Muahahahahahaha

Guest Binkles

And now it's not :(hmm, worked when I had only wired up one switch position. Solder the rest in, and it's not working again. :(